Fors guys, 94xr6 vs a,99 au fairmont

jason18, May 4, 7:32pm
Xr6 wagon 236km or fairmont au 197kms. been offer au for 4.2k headers, tints, otherwise standard, xr6 4k from dealer but will swap primera, always had a thing for xr6s. Whats thoughts on values etc. sorry ford guys not fors

mopar63, May 4, 7:56pm
I'm looking for a coon wagon to Jason but think I'd go for the AU , the xr6 wagon does look goodthough, you'd have to drive both ,that will prob be the decider

jason18, May 5, 2:20am
Cheers bud, Whats thoughts on price. Its au fairmont, rebuilt trans 30km ago due to old fulla that use to own it putting wrong oil in. New shocks 3 months ago, near new tyres, new wof, 197km, headers with no cat, light tints, factory roof racks and towbar, very tidy body, $4200 sound like a good price! he wanted 5k

quickstitch, May 5, 2:40am
i didnt think au trans had fillers. i should go check mine. I would prefer the wagon.

skyline_guy_r34, May 5, 2:40am
If it helps i just paid $2900 for an AU allblacks edition (heritage series forte) with 196kms bone stock. $4200 i feel is a bit high, but if its going to do what you want it will be a good price.

jason18, May 5, 3:34am
yeah will be perfect. Oh maybe they dont might have been the mechanics that replaced it. Is yours a wagon skylineguy! I see the wagons seem to hold more value

skyline_guy_r34, May 5, 4:00am
Oh sorry didnt realise AU was wagon also. Mines a sedan. But i de see a fairly good AU wagon for $3400 on here. But then again its not a fairmont one with the good service/replaced parts you have mentioned.

skyline_guy_r34, May 5, 4:07am
Find a VX wagon, let alone a Berlina model, for under $5k with relative kms and condition and then comeback and tell the OP. And me as Ill buy it!

jason18, May 5, 5:16am
Holdens to over priced/hold there value.

jason18, May 5, 10:00am
Cheers mellisa. The xr is green colour they usually come out with anthe au is a silver colour, I thimk I will take the au and flick off the primera, hard to drive both one in albany and one in tga. And I cant be assed going to tornado city

neal, May 5, 10:18am
youre right. the last to have an oil filler for the auto was the Ef. EL onwards no filler.

v8_mopar, May 5, 10:34am
xr6 way more of an eye catcher

motorcycleparts, Jan 16, 11:17am
Personal experience I would have the AU fairmont over the XR6, sure the XR6 is a great drivers car as mentioned but not as comfortable and easy to drive as the Fairmonts, plus with the Fairmont you get a few creature comforts like the digital aircon display fuel computer and i believe extra sound deadening covers in the doors ,forte was a budget pack falcon as with the futura, very base spec models, you wont go wrong with the AU models at all, very well known for reliability and long life with routine maintenance