Where do you buy wheel bearings ?

Page 2 / 2
jmma, May 2, 9:35am
Correct.

jmma, May 2, 9:37am
Here op, have a go
remove cable for abs sensor,wiring harness plug.axle shaft nut (you can't remove dust cap without damaging it (get a new one before you start)refit two wheel studs fit a good bar between studs to stop hub turning.remove hub.
remove brake calliper mounting frame complete with calliper fasten to upper shocker mouting to keep flexy hose from being damaged,remove brake disc dissconect rod end from steering knuckle,dissconect tie rod end from steering knuckle,pull down control arm (you will need a puller for this)detach axle shaft from wheel hub,press axle shaft out of wheel hub,remove wiring harness from ABS sensor,remove wheel bearing unit and brake shield,fit new bearing assembley ,refit is reverse
AS YOU CAN SEE NOT A JOB FOR THE FAINT HARTED GOOD LUCK

bjdw, May 2, 9:43am
"Assuming" it's front wheel drive!

oops".front wheel bearings" I meant to write.

jmma, May 2, 9:47am
And assumming its not rear wheel bearings (o:

franc123, May 2, 9:51am
Good advice, if the local outlets (check Holdens price too) seem too expensive then they probably are.There are outfits in the UK that can supply Opel/Vauxhall parts cheap as chips even taking into account exchange rates and freight.

dolphin_trainer, May 3, 5:47am
Thanks for that, my car doesnt have abs etc i just take the wheel off then the dust cover, then pull the split pin out then undo that nut then take out the little stell cover thing, then take out the wheel bearing ! Great success !

sw20, May 3, 6:54am
Always got SKF because the old man can get them cheap through his work.

therafter1, May 3, 9:13am
Sounds interesting.

jmma, May 3, 9:21am
Think you forgot a few steps

sr2, May 3, 10:37am
This is going to get interesting! (Nothing like new tapered rollers running with a 2nd hand outer race).

johnf_456, May 3, 10:42am
Yup, if your going to do it, do it properly first time.

dolphin_trainer, May 3, 8:06pm
Whats a 2nd hand outer race !

therafter1, May 3, 10:09pm
That??

joeoff, May 3, 10:18pm
No no, the race is what you do when you run around in circles chasing your tail and judging by your posts so far,that will be you

johnf_456, May 3, 10:53pm
Excuse me I don't know where your coming through but I am not going to do install them for the OP got enough work at the moment. If that is suppose to be a smart ass insult or one of these having a laugh (which people always seems to target me funny enough on here) it is not appreciated.

jason18, May 3, 11:19pm
man you missed a few steps there. What about the inner bearing and its casing and the outer bearing casing! I think you should do all those! Are they pressed in!

therafter1, May 4, 12:05am
Consider yourself excused.

I thought you had a good sense of humour and enjoyed a little light hearted repartee and the swapping of the odd wise crack !

dolphin_trainer, May 4, 12:14am
Yea mate all pressed in, i just need to change the small bearing then it will be ak, thanks again

cocabowla, May 4, 12:41am
new bearings in a vectra, that should double its value

dolphin_trainer, Jan 10, 2:15am
haha yea i dont want to sell her shes so good on gas :)