Where do you buy wheel bearings ?

Page 1 / 2
dolphin_trainer, May 2, 7:11am
Need some for my holden vectra, thanks

jmma, May 2, 7:14am
Whos going to do them, reasonably easy job, but if you have to ask where to buy them, not sure if you should be doing them yourself.

flockton55, May 2, 7:24am
Any ofthe bearing suppliers such as Saeco or even BnT should have a cross reference to the actual bearing kit. .Hamilton is probably your closest place.
In Hamilton are SKF, SMP, Saeco, Waikato Bearings, go to yellow.co.nz.

cowboy110, May 2, 7:28am
I'm with jmma.Wheel bearings are "reasonably" important.If you need to ask where to buy them, you probably aren't qualified enough to do the job.However.If your question was supposed to mean "Where is the best place to get my wheel bearings replaced!", you will get a more friendly response.

shane.64, May 2, 7:36am
Super cheap can suply them .You can even order over the net.And they won't rip you off

johnf_456, May 2, 7:42am
saeco bearings, has for jemma advice not quiet right. The OP could be from overseas and not familiar with part outlets here. Or maybe they did it years ago there could be many reasons why, but I would not rule it out they are dumb because they ask advice. Or even they are new to the town they are in and not sure on the best part outlets. That we just do not know.

dolphin_trainer, May 2, 7:47am
Cheers for that, and yes i am doing it myself its not that much of a hard job :)

jmma, May 2, 8:01am
Maybe you can tell them how to do it, step by step john.
My advice was based on safety, I dont think advice should be given on these sort of jobs if op has limited knowlegde, thats all

johnf_456, May 2, 8:04am
We you don't know what the OP's knowledge is on the actual installation of bearings, assumption is the mother of all problems.

Edit but based on post 7 I think they are upto the job.

jmma, May 2, 8:10am
I know if you assume, you make an ass out of you and me, but really, the title is Where do you buy wheel bearings. I mean if you have to ask that and you think they may have the knowledge to do the job, oh well, hope it works out OK
By the way where do you buy milk!

big.b-lil.c, May 2, 8:58am
if you dont know where to buy milk i dont think you are qualified to drink it

jmma, May 2, 9:00am
Exactly, my point

chris_051, May 2, 9:03am
I'd guess the Vectras have an unservicable integrated hub unit, if so you'll probably pay an arm and a leg for it over here no matter who you go thru. It may pay to get quotes here and then compare them to ebay.co.uk *including* shipping and go from there.

johnf_456, May 2, 9:03am
So how do disabled people get by in life. But really its a generic statement as it is "assuming". Reading between the lines I think the OP knows but just wants the best place to get the best deal.

bjdw, May 2, 9:05am
Lets go, lets go, lets go to .

jmma, May 2, 9:06am
Whats that got to do with the price of milk!

johnf_456, May 2, 9:07am
Because it is a untrue statement aka assuming that is the case. You do not know for sure it is the case but you assume it is. and assuming does not make it right.

big.b-lil.c, May 2, 9:08am
john split some and is still crying

johnf_456, May 2, 9:09am
So just because someone asks the best place to get them in their area it makes it a no no for them to do it apparently. Has they say don't judge a book by its cover.

callabell, May 2, 9:10am
price of cv joint $99at repco and $60 at supercheap might not be the same one but it will outlast my car. dont know about bearings though.

callabell, May 2, 9:13am
repco had the part there and they usually do have all parts im after. supercheap always has to order in and they arrive the next day put a 20% deposit down when ordering.

bjdw, May 2, 9:13am
Where do you buy TNT!

I have some boulders on my property I'm going to get rid of.

jmma, May 2, 9:19am
They didn't ask "best place to buy them", They asked "Where to buy them"
Big difference john

Buy TNT from BNT, just ask to swap the "B"(o:

johnf_456, May 2, 9:21am
Either way nothing wrong with the OP's question, best place to me is a place that has a good range of parts and somewhere that has a good reputation. But really all of this is assumption that the op lacks the brains to install them, which I do not buy. Don't judge a book by its cover.

Plenty of people can install various things in general but just because they ask does not mean the lack the skills for the job.

bjdw, May 2, 9:27am
Judge a poster by his posts.