Where do I find the starter motor in a 1992

kaurilover, May 2, 4:21am
Mitsubishi Galant please!I know its the starter motor that is gone, and have phoned around and need the part number as there are a number of options for that year, however, I have no idea where under the hood it is!I have looked at pictures from the net on what one looks like but have no idea where to start.So does anyone know where the starter motor is in this particular year galant.I would really appreciate if someone could help.Thank you

bigfatmat1, May 2, 4:31am
well that would depend on the motor it has.v6 under front near exhaust above cross member 2.0l back of gearbox under inlet. oh to see the no you will have to take it off more than likely cause they are on the front bracket in between solenoid screws and stamped in so the don't exactly stand out.

kaurilover, May 2, 4:33am
definately not V6 thank you so much ill go and have another look, perhaps on asking this question I should post a picture of the engine LOL

kaurilover, May 2, 4:35am
If I can find it, is it something I can take off myself!Im not really dumb I have changed alternator and idle control valve and changed my own oil but if I can save some money getting the part myself and removing it I will as things are pretty tight right now

jono2912, May 2, 5:23am
Pretty easy to take a starter off, but I don't know about your particular car.

Take it off, and get it refurbished, your local auto electrician can do this, much cheaper than a new one.

If you are having trouble finding it, go to the battery , and follow the/few of the big thick wires down from the positive terminal and you'll find it.

jmma, May 2, 6:00am
If you dont know how to find your stater, maybe best to take the car to someone that does, wouldn't like to see you shorting everything out because you didn't know to disconnect the battery!
How on earth do you know the starter is the problem!

flybye_in_a_rx7, May 2, 8:49am
diy, its in our dna

jmma, Jan 5, 8:07am
With the OPs username, might be someone from Enviroment winding us up (o: