$200 ticket for incorrect display of rego?

Page 2 / 2
jkm, Sep 17, 7:09pm
Hey MK3
this was in New Plymouth as well! It would seem that parking area outside WINZ is a goldmine for them! I got a parking ticket for being 3 minutes over the printed time there a couple of months back.

geedubu, Sep 17, 10:18pm
Movnon, exactly the same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago (new rego accidentally tucked in behind old rego; $200 fine).I've written the obligatory humble email to the required address but so far no reply.

moosie_21, Sep 17, 10:28pm
As I said, it will take quite some time for the slack ass beauracratic workers to actually do something about it. You'll be fine.

matthew111, Sep 18, 4:05am
write a letter of explanation.

studio1, Sep 18, 11:35am
Parking trolls - scum of the earth . I have more respect for gutter snipes.

matthew111, Oct 11, 7:31pm
has your son thought about paying up for his casualness in display!

meathead_timaru, Oct 11, 8:25pm
Why should he! The fine is ridiculous given it's the same amount as operating an unlicensed vehicle and it was actually licensed. It should be $40 for failing to display when it actually is licensed.

meathead_timaru, Oct 11, 8:35pm
Oh, THAT explains his inane posts.

socram, Dec 30, 5:02pm
Mine was current (heck, the vehicle isn't even a year old yet.), correctly displayed, and still got a ticket for $200!"No evidence of inspection (WOF) private vehicle." Was just about to abuse the parking dept when I decided to take a look.Sure, it has a 2011 WoF sticker - but whoever issued it forgot to punch out the month!

Not sure if that triggered the ticket though.

It is still a valid sticker so I rang the council dept.Told the very nice lady what was what without being abusive and she just told me to put details it in an email and they would write to me.

Still waiting for the letter after a week.

Suggest that if your WoF was slightly obscured but present, it is a hard hearted council who will take it further or prosecute if you email them or write in to explain.

If they insist, say you'll happily go to court.They'll look a bit stupid in court prosecuting what is technically a legal car but technicially, not showing a piece of paper (did they photograph it!).It is a hanging offence if they find against you.

The fixed penalty for failure to display is totally out of kilter for not actually having a WoF. One is a slip, the other is an offence.