Xf falcon 4.1litre crossflow info please

ras39, Apr 25, 1:15am
hi, can anyone tell me with certainty ifi can physically fit an original fuel injection manifold from an xf to my (alloy) ( 2bbl weber) xf carb cyl head! (i.e are the xf 4.1 fuel injection heads different/different in the inlet port and inlet manifold bolt hole areas when compared to the xf 4.1 carburetted heads!)i want to know because i have a 4.1 litre xf crossflow engine originally from a 1987 (second series) xf carb ute in my xc and i run dedicated lpg and if possible to fit, the bigger runners of the f/inj. manifold would suit lpg more and give better low end torque.cheers.

almosttherenow, Apr 25, 1:56am
yes that will work for what you are wanting it to do. you probly wana get the injector holes welded up and the scollops inside the manifold for the injectors built up with weld to so you can die grind it to flow better into your non injected head. Hope this makes sense.

ras39, Apr 25, 2:02am
yep, that makes sense, i have good knowledge and experience in the 'setting-up' side of things, just really essentially needing to know for sure if the injection manifold lines up with the carburetor manifold in regards to bolt hole pattern and exact inlet port placements.

crzyhrse, Apr 25, 2:08am
The MPFI XF heads have bigger valves. So if I were you I'd use a MPFI head AND manifold.

ras39, Apr 25, 2:17am
pity i didn't think of this when i put the engine together, however i currently have an engine with about 80,000km on it since rebored, etc, and it goes real well, and has never used a drop of oil or water, so i'm reluctant to disturb it internally before i need to, but i am keen to pick up a bit of bottom end torque if indeed the f.i manifold basically bolts up to my carb. head and the inlet ports all line up properly.

crzyhrse, Apr 25, 2:34am
IIRC the only difference in the inlet gaskets between the carb and MPFI was the cutouts for the injectors.

Try searching http://www.fordmods.com

almosttherenow, Apr 25, 2:35am
It will work but your carb head will not have the scollops at the tops of the ports for the injector so the port will kind of line up, thats why I said get them welded then you can make a better flow happen and match the ports while your at it.

crzyhrse, Apr 25, 2:36am

ras39, Dec 8, 6:09pm
excellent stuff.cheers guys!