Xf falcon what to do ?

Page 1 / 2
chuckyme, Jul 16, 6:52am
Hey all i have an xf that is dying and don't know what to do with it.
Should i part it out and take the rest to the scrap.
Or just sell it as is.
everything else is good except bit of rust and the engine big end bearing!
Gets w.o.f easy.
any ideas!

metallicafan21, Jul 16, 7:01am
what part of the country you in!

a18a, Jul 16, 7:01am
someone will give you a lot more than scrap value for it if it gets wofs easy

ajayzbabe, Jul 16, 7:16am
What is it! A sedan or a ute!

tantric5, Jul 16, 7:17am
I chucked a nice small block windsor/c4 in mine.

but thats another can of worms

chuckyme, Jul 16, 7:52am
Im in whakatane its a s-pack wagon with the 4.1 efi 5speed in it

quickstitch, Jul 16, 7:59am
good wagon for parting out but being in whakatane that will limit potential buyers. what sort of 5 speed is it ! if it is a T5 than you will probably get $600-$800 for that. if its the xe 5 speed, dont expect much.

chuckyme, Jul 16, 8:19am
not sureit is a borg warner. I think that it is a t5

quickstitch, Jul 16, 8:22am
the t5 shifter is bolted down from the top by a rectangle plate with 4 bolts in it.

chuckyme, Jul 16, 8:22am
will the gear box fit on a holden executive 1990!

chuckyme, Jul 16, 8:31am
yes has 4 bolts

quickstitch, Jul 16, 9:15am
wont fit the holden, different input shafts, probably different ouput shafts too.

franc123, Jul 16, 9:46am
I would probably get the motor pulled out, the crank removed, measured and machined if need be and the bearings done if the rest of the car is decent. But I guess if you have to pay for labour its a different story. Are you sure the bearings are worn, the semi digital dashes in that model were shockers for indicating false low oil pressure. Knackered cams, followers, rockers and timing chains can also make them noisy although it all means the same thing really, that its generally tired anyway. A more complicated solution would be to fit an ef/el/au 4.0 and loom and new bellhousing in there, these are a big improvement on those early efi log manifold motors, but of course there is a cost there too.

dan.kev, Jul 16, 9:56am
what is wrong with it ,{dying} and how much for the whole car!

chebry, Jul 17, 7:42am
Most common fix for these was to convert to carb and use XE distributor to delete the useless Ford electronics you need a carb fuel tank too. However the parts supply for earlier parts around Sydney got pretty tight as too many people were chasing them so gawd knows how easy that'd be to do now and here where these heaps are scarcer

hopie, Jul 17, 11:15pm
Nice two tone paint job

chuckyme, Jul 18, 12:48am
never got around to finishing it

mephestopheles, Jul 21, 3:09am
Advertise it on Macgors speedway website. Some half mad dirt tracker would snap it up surely.

aredwood, Jul 21, 9:48pm
Its not just a fuel supply issue is it!

kdcentralni, Jul 21, 9:55pm
Not tidy enough to save if the gearbox is T5 rip it out and sell it. and the turbo's, lol take the lights, auxilary engine bits and other good bits like indicator stalks rear view mirror etc to a swap meet one day and scrap the rest. Just what I would do.

splinter67, Jul 21, 10:08pm
What are the headlights like the reflective bits

quickstitch, Jul 21, 11:01pm
my last xf stationwagon ended up as a demo derby car, sold it to a mate for $300. and it had a WOF and had solid body, i just stripped a few bits off it that i wanted and a few other sellable parts

roys351, Jul 22, 7:41am
whatsize are the hotwire mags!

miss-shortae, Jul 22, 7:52am
demo derby, get the last bit of fun out of it. did it to my old xf sedan.

chuckyme, Jul 22, 8:39am
Haha, Well yes. Me, the wife thinks it would be smart to take the good of it and scrap the rest.but he, the Husband would love to derby it i'm sure.

Tyres are 205-70- r15