Xf falcon

chuckyme, Feb 11, 4:10am
how much would you pay for an 87 xf falcon 5 speed manual 4.1 efi everything goes well just not a/c minimal rust old school mags wof reg just curios

mugenb20b, Feb 11, 8:00am
$1500. XF was/is a POS in my opinion.

franc123, Feb 11, 9:55am
Thats a very rare car being a manual EFI, depending on its condition maybe 2-2500 if this rust is minimal.As for XF's allegedly being a pos that explains why more of them were made than any other individual model of Falcon and they were Australias top selling car for almost the whole time they were in production! I've had two, one of which I've had for 15 years and apart from the usual wear and tear stuff bugger all went wrong with them. 100% reliable, loads of room, piss easy to service and repair and could tow basically anything.

mugenb20b, Feb 11, 9:58am
Really! My God, every time I see one I cringe. Door and bonnet locks failing, interior door trim falling apart, baggy handling, rust, erghh! Back in the mid 90's they were everywhere, nowdays, only the odd utes remain.

franc123, Feb 11, 10:10am
Well some of us think the same about ancient Hondas too me old son. Rust problems in old Falcons wereminimal by comparison. Whatever happened to the four million squillion Preludes for example that got imported! You see virtually none of those either, Door handles only broke because worn door hinges didn't get fixed on time, handling was actually Ok considering the chassis and steering had 60's origins, interior trim actually lasted quite well considering the hard life these cars had from new and that its 25 years old now.

chuckyme, Feb 12, 2:49am
yep has been a great car for me have had it for 10 years. only major i have had was a new computer and the usuall things door handles break all the time just fix them my self.

bentcoupe, Feb 12, 8:52am
rare car4.1 5 speedworth keepingmy 5c

fordgod, Feb 12, 9:35pm
Good cars, yes rust and door handles/mechanisms do break if poorly maintained. Ive just picked up a 2 owner 1986 xf falcon sedan, Monza red, 123000kms, 5 spd and its in excellent original condition. Gonna slip this one away for a few years I think.

3tomany, Feb 12, 10:01pm
at 25 years old i guess you arnt buying it as a daily drive and you are going to keep this rare beauty as a collectors item so just do the maintenance and pay what it is worth to you considering what might need fixing to get it into a condition suitable for you good luck.

tonyrockyhorror, Feb 12, 11:00pm
I had an XF Ghia for a tow car. It was excellent until cancer got it.

sifty, Feb 12, 11:06pm
sadly they now seem the bogan choice, have replaced the Valiants in Gore.

I had a Fairmont back in the day, wasn't too bad for a big old barge, once you fixed the saggy electric windows and dodgy door handles, and you always had a lighter socket available.