302 Windsor Headers to fix into a XF Falcon

jash3, Feb 12, 6:47am
Hi does anyone know where I can find a temp plate for headers to fit a 302 Windsor that's in a XF Ute please as I want to make my own with help from my mates lol cheers any help would be appreciated thanks.

40wav, Feb 12, 7:18am
If it's already in the ute just start from scratch and make them to fit. It's be just as easy / hard with or without a template. Just gotta get them on there and fitting down the side AND looking nice. One side will be easy, getting the other side to look exactly the same will be hard. Good luck.

jash3, Feb 12, 8:54am
Cheers for that i'll look into it

rob_man, Feb 12, 8:55am
Ring around some of the profile cutters, they're bound to have a pattern saved on a hard drive somewhere.

bjmh, Feb 12, 6:26pm
Try Chase autos in Hamilton. 07 848 1026. ask for Rob. failing that get a exhaust manifold gasket from repco and get an engineering shop to profile it.Chase have bends etc 90 /45 deg etc,they also used to have collectors. have fun.Way back we couldn't buy bends so we cut and filleted,then welded to get the shapes. had some very cool pieces of spaghetti . probably very inefficient with all the welds. good way to learn to gas weld.

elect70, Feb 13, 12:39am
Tiger for punisment , I put a set of pacemakers in my panelvan fitted nicely

martin11, Feb 13, 2:23am
Mandrel bent is the way to go and match them up , places in chch can do the tube bending ,saves on welding and gets a better flow inside for more power .

serf407, Feb 13, 5:00am
There are probably precut bases for the headers out there.
http://www.kustombitz.com.au/p/5779748/header-plate-extractor-head-side-flange-10mm---ford-windsor-289-302-351-v8-mild-steel---1-12-inch-pipes.html
Probably preferable to waiting 3 weeks for a water jet etc cutter to start on your project.

jash3, Jun 5, 3:45pm
Cheers for the info guys.