V8's

Page 2 / 2
johnf_456, Apr 17, 10:55am
No one said it has to be toyota vs nissan, any car with a v8.

jmma, Apr 17, 11:01am
It was only an example

xacoon, Apr 17, 11:02am
what he is getting is is that there isnt the deep rooted rivalry between other brands in this country as there is with the red and blue, and thats why the format is doing as good at it is

doomy999, Apr 17, 11:05am
No, its not harsh. It's pathetic. Ever heard of the sticks and stones rhyme.

Gee buddy, you really need to harden up.

ginga4lyfe, Apr 17, 11:06am
I enjoyed the races Prior to the V8s jumping on the track, thats about all that can be said though, racing is too red labeled and too money hungry for the average bloke to go out and properly enjoy, only when that comes back will i really enjoy racing myself

xacoon, Apr 17, 11:09am
sticks and stones may brake my bones but names will make me write big letters with a stick on the beach.

doomy999, Apr 17, 11:13am
sounds really cool. But it dont rhyme. lol

xacoon, Apr 17, 11:19am
didnt seem to bother kirwin

foxdonut, Apr 17, 12:10pm
You guys do know that the V8Supercars is pretty much category 1 FIA racing now right! The cars are badged Holden and Ford but the only parts they share with an actual car are headlamps and front grill - The engines supplied by either Ford or Chev are imposed at five litres, all motor, 8 cylinders as per regulations, the rest of the car is totally scratch and is neither Holden or Ford design.

Really, on the face of it V8SC is more regulated than even F1 which allows for more aero mod, length and width.

Other manufacturers can race if they have an an approved 5 litre engine, homologation sedan and a badge to stick on.

You'll never see turbo's, six cylinders, AWD, rice etc racing in the series because thats category 2 stuff like GT500 and NGT/GT3 where parity and requirements are less strict.

Its too late to break regulation, the money has been spent on the series already. The only stuff you'll see is the retarded shit like the Bathurst 1000 where a couple of custom built monsters with seven litre LMGT1 race engines and one off chassis take on the leftovers of the sub 4 litre class GT cars or like a couple of weeks ago in the GT3 category race on Bathurst where lap times are the only thing that you can compare to see who is faster.

By the way, the Nissan GTR got raped inside out by everything from a Porsche cup car to the standard V8SC times of today. Let it go, the Skyline IS NOT COMPETITIVE.

foxdonut, Apr 17, 12:12pm
If you want to make it "more interesting" you're going to be limited to pit / tire / passing / fuel regulations, not other manufacturers or cars.

bill-robinson, Apr 17, 7:27pm
In my experience, there is only one thing worse than one make racing, that is two make racing. The current crop of drivers and teams running cars in the Aussie series are racing rule books, not cars. Silly penaltys, a coil in the curb to check if the driver got too far off the race track, you must change tyres, you must make fuel stops. The regulations for the cars are just as silly, A Ford 9 inch diff with a spool,and you will run this diff ratio at this track in both so called makes is silly again.Even holden have independent rear suspension on their road car and go back to a cart axle to race.
Bill

jkm, Apr 17, 9:07pm
I love the current format. part of it is the Holden/Ford rivalry, part is just cant beat the sound of a V8 at full noise. I used to watch the old group A and it got boring, as another poster mentioned when you only know who is winning by the lap times. The current regs keep the racing close and as seen yesterday in the pits can throw up a few wild cards. Finally most of the fans must agree cause they turn up in the thousands and no other class of racing in NZ and Auss gets that kind of support. Why change a winning format to accomodate a few whingers, aint gonna happen!

clark20, Apr 17, 9:15pm
Yes, the group A stuff stopped punters turning up, and it did get boring as usually one would win the season quite early eg the Sierras then the Skylines.
Bill, who cares what under the rear or bonnet! As long as they are all comply to the same rules. Look at the quad rotor "Camaro" that raced, who cares whats under the bonnet, he nearly got into the lead, good on him.

3tomany, Apr 17, 10:33pm
if jap cars are allowed back to beat a v8 without any parity its just a matter of running a turbo or supercharger on the v8 and the jap crap will then suck. parity is the point and without it no racing formula succeeds and other low powered no noise catagories are as succesful as v8ts

mrfxit, Nov 11, 3:17pm
LMFAO . regardless of whats been said above .
The wet racing yesterday added in some interesting entertainment.
Graig Kelly certainly pulled a surprising win with no wiper for about a dozen laps & in pissing down rain.
Now THATS talent.
Oh yea . & on limited fuel compared to some others that pitted earlier.