Audio experts.

moosie_21, Apr 13, 3:53am
Have a 12' sub, and I need a better amp to run it. The current amp is 350W peak power, though the RMS is around 65W bridged. The Sub's peak power is 1000W peak power, but runs 300W RMS. Do I need to find an amp with 300W bridged RMS to run the sub perfectly! In addition, I was thinking of using the old amp to run my 6' inch speakers in the back, leaving the high filter pass off and leaving at a rather low level so as not to blow them. Does this all sound good! All good advice greatly appreciated!

jono2912, Apr 13, 4:08am
Depends on how it sounds, and how you want it to sound, running it on a lower wattage will make it last longer.

moosie_21, Apr 13, 4:17am
I know running it lower down will make it last longer, but the amp it has now overheats after about 20 minutes on medium volume, so very annoying. I want an amp that can handle the characteristics of the sub and can allow it to draw as much as needed without overloading it.

hi_lemon, Oct 23, 6:48pm
60W RMS from you amp is not enough.
Ideally you want something closer or greater than the 300W RMS that your sub can take (using a larger amp than required means you can run it at a lower level instead of maxxing out a smaller amp)

You don't need to find a bridged amp either, try looking for a Class D amp which don't need to be bridged and a usually designed for subs