Clutch master cylinder 1" bore or above

mk3zephyr, Apr 4, 7:49am
are there any more modern vehicles that people know of that are manual and have a large bore clutch master cylinder, needs to be 1" or above to move a chev clutch, tried a a 5/8" one out of a nissan but doesnt have the gravy to move the chev clutch fork enough. The original one that has disintegrated was out of an HT holden, be rare as Rocking horse sh*t these days.

cuda.340, Apr 4, 7:52am
buy a Willwood brake master cylinder with a remote reservoir & you have what you want.

mk3zephyr, Apr 4, 8:16am
Cant afford one of those at the moment, but yeah good call

cuda.340, Apr 4, 8:17am
they're not that expensive when you compare to new import model hydraulics.

mk3zephyr, Apr 4, 8:57pm
yea was just thinking about a brake master cylinder to do the job. just the engine and box are out of a chev pickup and the nissan master cylinder i tried (silly me) is only a 5/8" one and doesnt have enough gravy to work the fork enough

pdc1, Apr 4, 9:08pm
what about changing the slave cylinder to a smaller one so you get the movement!

sr2, Apr 4, 9:31pm
+1. It's unusual to need a 1 inch master for a clutch.

mk3zephyr, Apr 4, 9:49pm
Its in a race car so doesnt need to be a Chev one, just one that works lol

mk3zephyr, Apr 4, 9:50pm
even for a big heavy duty chev pickup clutch!

mk3zephyr, Apr 5, 4:40am
Rang a bloke who has a couple of barns full of old holden stuff, He had about a dozen of them, bought one off him for a dozen Tui and works great, Have a clutch again now, Crisis averted, thanks for the help.

saki, Apr 5, 4:54am
But do you have the starter!

mk3zephyr, Sep 30, 12:55pm
yip, have the Starter, should take a photo of the bracket i made to hold the sodding thing in place.