Converted to RHD a 6 cylinder 'muscle car' LOL

Page 1 / 2
tgray, Dec 12, 6:12pm
All that expense (perhaps $20,000!) and trouble, for a V6!
My question ---- WHY! WHY! WHY!

richardmayes, Dec 12, 6:57pm
UNDERESTIMATE THE L67 ENGINE AT YOUR PERIL!

(Sorry, I feel like I was channelling somebody else for a moment there.
But It would be a boring old world if everybody's tastes and values were exactly the same.)

r15, Dec 12, 6:57pm
i want to know how chev managed to put such a huge bonnet on those, with only a v6, and still most of it is hidden under the firewall

mrfxit, Dec 12, 7:10pm
Huh, whats your problem, don't you like V6's .
THe reason is clearly stated & to a collector, it's fair enough altho slightly ruined by the conversion.
"30th Anniversary Edition Camaro."

fordcrzy, Dec 12, 7:14pm
looks like a toyota Cavalier

drew2009, Dec 12, 9:16pm
Aw cmon nothing is that ugly! I have one i hide in the garage under a tarp just so my mates don't see it lol.

morrisman1, Dec 12, 9:18pm
I saw a z28 on the roads yesterday in the same shape and I thought exactly that. Possibly the most boring car I have seen

phillip.weston, Dec 12, 10:12pm
even if it were a V8 I still wouldn't see the appeal of it.

carstauranga001, Dec 12, 10:15pm
Lots of these in Japan, I suspect this is one. With tax on engine size the 6 outsells the 8 over there.

trogedon, Dec 12, 10:24pm
Agreed. An ugly slug.

richardmayes, Dec 12, 11:30pm
I think we are being unnecessarily harsh now.

It's a big, wide, low-slung, wedge-shaped coupe, that would usually have some sort of V8 at the front for frying the two enormous tyres at the back. It's not really all that hard to see the appeal.

vtecintegra, Dec 12, 11:32pm
They sold way more V6 than V8s

trogedon, Dec 13, 12:08am
They touted it as a sports car though. Probably did that with the Cavalier too!

elect70, Dec 13, 1:49am
What a waste of moneyon conversion . worth less than if origonal .

a.woodrow, Dec 13, 4:57am
That was my thought too! thought the link was wonky lol

whqqsh, Dec 13, 5:08am
what are 'Emboised seats'! are they ones that your 'Home Bois' sit on

richardmayes, Dec 13, 5:20am
^^^ You are drawing an EXTREMELY long bow, expecting proper English from car people.

trogedon, Dec 13, 5:37am
"car" people - proper English = likely, Chev people - proper English = less likely.

petermcg, Dec 13, 6:51am
This is a generation 4 camaro,ugly,,the generation 5 looks more like a camaro,, and just got released in RHD for us,, and japan last month.

phillip.weston, Dec 13, 6:55am
Says right hand drive converted in NZ.

franc123, Dec 13, 7:04am
Thats something you should be asking NZTA, it's simply not neccessary.The red tape that this outfit have created around LHD cars that doesn't even need to exist is ridiculous.

tgray, Dec 13, 7:19am
I guess if the owner really wants a V6 'anniversary edition' camaro for themselves so be it, but my point is there is no resale value in V6 camaro's.
There was of course, an anniversary V8 camaro of the same year.
No one would choose a V6 over a V8 and the huge cost of converting to RHD seems unorthodox to say the least.

franc123, Dec 13, 7:23am
Absolutely, theres no doubting that its not a prime candidate for spending the sort of money required to do it.But each to their own.

foxdonut, Dec 13, 11:11am
A quick google reveals thats wheels, seats and paint.

Hardly worth wetting yourself over. There's probably a Commodore that has the same motor and specifications for half the price.

doug207, Dec 13, 11:54am
It's just a pre ecotec 3.8 to my knowledge, circa 132kw.
Fat and useless, poorly built too.
In saying that, I'd happily pay $2500usd for one if I was over there as a run around car/skid hack (I'm sure it could get a wheel going)