Slave Cylinder been a ****

pentium4, Mar 10, 7:29am
Hey Guys,

When i removed my slave cylinder my dumb ass brother kept pumping down the clutch. as a result the fluid in the piston has pushed the piston out of its housing. It looks easy enough to get back in, just need to know if its ok to apply heaps of pressure to it whilst trying to put back in!

Cheers
Mitchell

mugenb20b, Mar 10, 7:34am
There's no need to apply heaps of pressure, just put the piston back in slowly, and be careful not to damage the seal.

pentium4, Mar 10, 7:37am
Tried that, just doesnt want to budge one bit lol. Would spraying some crc in the bleed valve help!

mugenb20b, Mar 10, 7:46am
NO! No CRC, just brake fluid or rubber grease. If you have to force it, so be it, but do loosen the bleed screw. What's the worst that can happen! You can only f. it up.

luigi21, Mar 10, 7:54am
A CIRCLIP HOLDS THE PISTON ASSEMBLY IN THERE.iF YOUVE PUSHED THE PISTON OUT PAST THAT YOU HAVE ALREADY STUFFED IT.

m16d, Mar 10, 8:39am
Tell ya dumb ass brother to keep out of you car.

dent, Mar 10, 9:25am
if you havent undone the bleed screw that will be why its hard to push back. Your trying to compress the air behind it.

intrade, Mar 10, 8:10pm
snap.

intrade, Mar 10, 8:13pm
what car if its rooted new slave should cost about 32 to 60$
i got newmastercilinder for a corolla with fluid bowl and sensor for level for 80$
from partsmaster just ask for trade pricethey give trade to anyone who askes for it.

intrade, Mar 10, 8:27pm
i recon you are close to bancrupcyyour self its why you are so misereble.
retyre yoused to be the same miserable and he is a goner since ages same opinions as you have he had about who should get discounts.

smac, Jul 7, 9:17am
You know this from the full make and model information given!