My new Ute

Page 2 / 2
nathan84, Mar 23, 9:53am
go to garage that knows what there doing ive never seen an au oil pump fail more like its got a crook sender unit or needs an earth lead from battery to alternator, have they checked oil pressure! probably not,i very much doubt it needs a new pump,but what would i know ive only worked on fords for 15 years auAUs are not a bad car.

dr_blueoval, Mar 23, 10:23am
Not to mention a large amount of lifter noise if the OP was low enough to be triggering the warning light.A remote possibility could be a short to ground in the engine or dash looms perhaps, or less likely a fault in the cluster PCB.Can't say I've ever heard of a oil pump/shaft failure in an EB-AU V8, or an I6 for that matter.Will be very interested to hear the outcome of this one.

ct9a, Mar 23, 7:45pm
likewise

nickandamanda, Mar 23, 10:07pm
i was the red oil light that come on it did it when i stopped to open my gate at the end of the drive way and despaired with the revs being up i have taken it to my local garage around the corner was still going fine no funny nosies or anything

drog, Mar 23, 11:03pm
Oil pump fail = blown motor!

gsimpson, Mar 23, 11:09pm
#1. What! You drove it from home to the garage with the oil light on!

nickandamanda, Mar 23, 11:45pm
no i wasnt on i went of as soon as i drove it up my drive way to put in the garage to chack the oil which wa fine was just serviced when we brought it and it didnt come on when it was drove to the garage which is a minute round the road

pdc1, Mar 24, 4:32am
Maybe it has got the wrong oil in it. Probably worth checking after proper oil pressure check

chris_051, Mar 24, 7:06am
What was the gague reading!

jsbike, Mar 24, 7:11am
tractors dont normally have oil pressure gauges.

pdc1, Mar 24, 9:26am
It's pretty unfair for you to have to pay the excess, but it's pretty unfair that the insurance pays for pre existing condition! It's really fraud to claim it through insurance! However as others have diagnosed it's obviously not an engine problem so the repair shouldn't be too bad. Maybe have a word to the dealer and the insurer and tell them to work it out between themselves and let you know what they are going to do and who is going to pay, but don't get anything done until this is agreed. You shouldn't have to pay anything I'm sure.

big.b-lil.c, Mar 24, 6:12pm
i saw a car that was jacked up to change a wheel, the jack was put under the sump pushing sump up onto oil pick up. not a problem when engine revving only when idling. i also saw a pick up tube with a rust hole in it, that was in a very old vehicle

rlnhrd, Mar 28, 9:38am
haha are they going to take off the sump to clean the plugs!

elect70, Mar 28, 11:52pm
Yes CGA covers it for first 30 days sooff to the dealer , no ifs , buts ,, ring autosure as well in case dealer tries to palm it off to them .

skippy33, Mar 29, 2:20am
ahhh theres ya problem

nickandamanda, Apr 2, 10:15am
well we get the Ute back tomorrow the dealer is paying all going good just had the wrong oil put in at the service my also need thermostat dealer will pay for that to

franko171, Sep 22, 6:45am
there are still helpfull dealers aut there