Altezza Gita 3L? Thoughts

ryanm2, Mar 30, 5:59am
Firstly the fuel figures dont seem to good for the 3l engines, anything to look out for!

ninja_man, Mar 30, 6:13am
why buy a 3.0v6 with the current fuel prices!

jezz43, Mar 30, 6:15am
just cos it has a larger engine doesnt necessarily mean it uses more gas. i had a 4 cylinder i traded in on a 6, its noticeably cheaper around town and even more so on the open road

smac, Mar 30, 6:21am
Heh.blind leading the blind. For somebody doing average k's a year the difference of 10c a litre is about $130-$140 dollars a YEAR. Is less than $3 a week enough change what car you'd buy!

ryanm2, Mar 30, 6:24am
Extra power will be nice, we travel enough and the south island has some pretty steep terrain. I qestioned the fuel usage based on the figures shown on some of the auction sites. The Subaru legacy GT30 is another option and has better fuel figures.

ninja_man, Mar 30, 6:26am
we'll im a student so the type of cars i would buy wouldnt interest you sorry. And what are you trying to say about difference of 10c a litre!

jezz43, Mar 30, 6:30am
if your looking for a bit of power that can be applied when needed, and fuel economy, why not look at the holden commodores!

smac, Mar 30, 6:32am
You asked why buy a 3.0V6 with todays fuel prices, yes! I was trying put fuel price into perspective. If somebody is gonna throw $10-$15k at a car, $150 fuel a year isn't exactly going to be the deal breaker.

ninja_man, Mar 30, 6:39am
still has 6 cylinders.

ryanm2, Mar 30, 6:46am
Have just aquired a VR commy, yet to put fuel in it but i am interested to see how it goes. I do prefer wagons though (and i realise the gita aint really a big wagon) for carting my crap around.

serf407, Mar 30, 6:47am
I thought the Altezza Gita was a bit small in the rear storage area. The ride height was fairly low. What other cars have you considered !

jezz43, Mar 30, 6:49am
i bought a VT on friday, was $135 to fill from empty and on that tank we drove to tauranga from new plymouth and returned with a trailer and boat in tow. still had around 80kms in the tank according to the dashboard display. they are pretty economical i reckon, and it ran very well. barely noticed the boat was there half the time

kimbo88, Mar 30, 6:49am
If you get one go for the 2WD that has the 5 speed auto, as the fuel figures for that are considerably better than the one that is 4WD with only a 4 speed auto.The 5 speed one is a great car, and unless you need 4WD at all is the better option.

ryanm2, Mar 30, 6:50am
Legacy GT30, Passat, Stagea . pretty much any wagon that i can get for 12k max.

ryanm2, Mar 30, 6:51am
If the commy ends up going well, i may get a VZ commodore or something too, keeping my options open.

thejazzpianoma, Mar 30, 7:01am
The Passat 1.8T would be ideal giving you power and economy (don't dismiss the engine size they go very well) you can get a new shape one (around 2002ish) and still have plenty of coin left in your pocket.

audi_s_ate, Mar 30, 8:25am
The olds have an as300, gas is average around 12l around town and 9-10 highway.
It handles well and is quite a smooth torquey engine if not a bit strained up high in the rev range.
Resale value is pretty dam good at the moment, and reliability of them in general are very good. Ours is on a 100km, we've had it since 50km and only had to do regular servicing and a set of tyres.

321mat, Sep 12, 5:56pm
YEs. BUT:to service your Subaru will cause such pain in your wallet that you will feel as if your arm has been amputated.

Subaru is a great car - Subaru dealers are just crooks.