Does anyone make a 1300cc diesel 4x4?

nutslap, Mar 25, 8:17pm
Similar to an escudo or the likes.Not a ute or if it is then double cab,smaller the better.Turbos ok as long as it diesel.Now do these exist!

dr.doolittle, Mar 25, 8:51pm
Why diesel!

1ollie, Mar 25, 8:52pm
lol an why 1300cc!

nutslap, Mar 25, 9:03pm
Oh oops,ok I meant to say and forgot,for farm use,no need to be legal etc and can be smaller than 1300.Why deisel,cheaper than petrol and why 1300,cheap to run.Sorry I didnt specify before,alzheimers kicking in

nutslap, Mar 25, 9:03pm
Towing calf trailers,palm kernel trolleys maybe,wood etc,ya know,the usual stuff farm vehicles tow round farm

nutslap, Mar 25, 9:08pm
ANd compared to quad for buying and running!

intrade, Mar 25, 9:24pm
a 4x4 is heavyas poo to start off volkswagen make a 1.2 turbo diesel that car holds the worldrecord for lowest fuelconsumption of the line produced car.
its called a vw lupo 3Liter tdi uses 2.99 liter for 100km distance and no its not a 4x4 its got magnesium seat rails and there likes and other waight savinggimmics.

intrade, Mar 25, 9:27pm
there are diesel Quads for the job. or you could make your own diesel quad ;)

nutslap, Mar 25, 9:34pm
Quad still wet and on the farm we going to you have to go through a river that the boss states NO BIKES THROUGH RIVER as its too deep,gotta keep above water level,oh i could go on and on.Maybe just gunna have to go for the escudo,Im liking a Blizzard here at mo but its gearbox aint flash.1600 you say,is that in deisel too or just the 2lt deisel!And yea those SJ410/413s are good too :-)

intrade, Mar 25, 9:57pm
suzuki never made no diesel thediesel are mazda crap untill about 2002 then peugeot and then renault diesel. these are expensive carsto use to drive thru river not to mention that they probably will stall when the electronics gets wet on the diesel. older suzuki had no diesel engine unless somone fitted one .

intrade, Mar 25, 10:21pm
tell us what you need it for! just for flat farmland and thru a few rivers! you wont fit a diesel engine to a petrol for 500$it be more like 3 grand or more till your finished. I know it cost a grand just to change one engine for another that bolts straight on needing this andthat and some of them and woops spent a grand on hoseclamp pully gaskets .

intrade, Mar 25, 11:40pm
you cant go in the water with a petrol nor with a electronic diesel.

unideck, Mar 25, 11:45pm
What the OP is asking for simply don't exist. Buy a Kabota 4x4, spend some money and if you are a farmer you will know running a car even if it is 4wd will not do what your asking.

unideck, Mar 25, 11:48pm
This is what the Life Saving NZ use here at Hot Water Beach. I get to service it every other month, good solid bit of kit ;)

http://www.farmtrader.co.nz/View/Used/KUBOTA-RTV-900/26350.aspx

unideck, Mar 25, 11:49pm
Pap, intrade only ever reads what he wants to haha

elect70, Mar 25, 11:52pm
how about an old landrover deisel , ruggedwater proof engineno electronicsjust fit a snorkel if going in deep water . I had an old S11 , perkins deisel,slow as but it was good for river crossings where we had our hutt up the top of the Orongaronga valley(Wainuiomata ) in winter .

mrfxit, Mar 25, 11:59pm
Interesting thought .
BUT
how do the modern 4x4's get away with river crossings / 4x4 rally's etc.

intrade, Mar 26, 12:04am
you need to waterproof all things in theoryyou could go thru water with a petrol if you managed to seal all the ignition components from moisture .

noswalg, Mar 26, 12:41am
What a crock of s@#t I've been through plenty of water in plenty of petrol 4X4's with no problems it all comes down to set up!

serf407, Mar 26, 5:46am
Yes, snorkel and waterproofing for the Suzuki.
e.ghttp://www.youtube.com/watch!v=qr8eEWyKQHM How deep is the water ! The other obvious choice is the Argo. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amphibious_vehicle

hondalova, Mar 26, 11:38am
what about a John Deere gator! 4wd or 6wd. great engines. petrol and deisel. can fit a roof and doors. towbar and tipper tray.

nutslap, Mar 29, 10:25pm
Ok thanks for all your help,I am after a vehicle(not quad or the likes as it isnt rainproof,no im not a woos nor a witch that will melt but I do have small children and on the occasion they need to come out in the rain its best they stay dry,and the double cab/rear seats are needed + it will be used as a hunting vehicle no doubt)and the boss has specifically said no bikes thru river,not that this is a 2m deep river or anything but it is a rule and a rule is a rule after all,as for river crossing as papariccardo said,I dont need a submarine(although papariccardo said I was a "he" but never mind)it just needs to cross a shallowish river other than that,flattish farm work,tow soem palm kernel bins maybe when needed,all I was after was a cheap to run small 4x4 preferably with selectable 4wd and hi/low ratio,I figured the smaller the better and deisel is cheaper when you dont buy kms and regos but if a 1600 petrol is it then so be it,sorry to confuse and once again thanks to you all for your help

elect70, Mar 30, 12:39am
Even old petrol landys can be made pretty waterproofup to headlight level , Farmer here just sold roughish1960 swbhardtop$400,no regbut went & box & trans okused as a fishing hack now .