Phillip.Weston. Hey mate just wondering if you have any info on the nz new lancers from 1990 info from carjam make mitsubishi mo

jasongroves, Mar 24, 7:08am
Hey mate,
just wondering if you have any info on the NZ new Lancers from 1990!
Info from carjam:
# Make: MITSUBISHI
# Model: LANCER GLX
# Year: 1990
# Engine no: MF7555
# Chassis: LC3H412888

Its a 1500, so assume its a G15 engine!
Anyway, the actual problem is that the heater doesn't work and its proven very hard to find any info on the net.
Have run 12v directly to the blower motor, which works, all fuses are fine and receiving power.
I'm thinking its a relay but cant for the life of me find the damn thing! Lol.
Even rang Mitsi and they couldn't tell me either.
Any ideas where it would be or if there's a common fault I should be looking for!
Cheers,
Jason.

phillip.weston, Mar 24, 8:04am
pass! sorry I've had little to do with Mirage/Lancers - I don't know of any common faults with the heater fan. Could it be the actual switch or speed resister pack!

jasongroves, Mar 24, 8:55am
Not sure yet.
Its a nightmare of a bloody thing to be honest.
Will need to do some more pulling apart and testing:(
Its not starting too well either.but thats another matter. Lol.

1ollie, Mar 24, 9:36am
Hey Phill while your around have you heard of anyone turboing a early 90's Delica N/A 4D56! im thinking about doing a simple setup but nothing crazy though an have heard that they are nearly exactly the same between this & the turbo model and a couple of places on the net even say they have the same compression ratio!
Cheers

phillip.weston, Mar 24, 8:29pm
hey mate sorry I don't know about the turbo'ing of a N/A 4D56 - I would assume you could just run the turbo manifolds and turbo injector pump etc. but you may know that assumptions are the mother of f**k ups.

bigfatmat1, Mar 24, 11:26pm
If you put 12v on the motor while its plugged in and use the switch does it operate.! in the fuse box there is some round black things with metal lids these are circuit breakers poke ya test light in the hole and see if there is power. I am pretty sure there is no relay. if still no luck feed 12v from the motor end and trace back through with a test light the wiring colour generally does not change. Hope this helps .

jasongroves, Aug 22, 9:43pm
Thanks Mat, will have to check tomorrow when the car is here and will post back:)