Carjam report says money owing on car how do i

mr-and-mrs, Sep 19, 8:16pm
bought a carjam report and it says money is owing on car from previous owner but doesn't state how much.Is there a report u can buy that states exactly how much is owing on a car! need help asap.Thanks in advance

3962, Sep 19, 8:53pm
As far as I know only the person owing money can check how much is owed because of privacy laws. Instead of buying a report, you could have just text the rego number to 3463 & you would have received a text back saying if any money was owed on vehicle. although, the text also would not tell you how much. but text is cheaper than buying a report.

kcc55a, Sep 19, 9:04pm
Google the Securities Register.

smac, Sep 19, 9:06pm
Or you could talk to the previous owner.

jsbike, Sep 19, 10:08pm
put the reg in someone elses name quick, at least then the repo company wont know where to look for it if they come looking for it

the_don_61, Sep 20, 1:10am
Most of the time car is paid off and finace company hasnt taken the hook off.I think its costs them to do it.!

Find out who the hook is with.

If money still owed . they will be around to collect very fast.
Phone them from a phone box.

morrisjvan, Sep 20, 3:44am
dosen't matter how much,just don't buy it ! Thats why you get the report, and it has an issue. don't let it become your's

mr-and-mrs, Sep 20, 8:29am
no as they left the country, i was told it was a legit car

olsod2, Sep 21, 1:17am
i was buying a car did a car jam paid $10 got report money owing told me who the hook was with.rang from a phone box to the finance firm they had forgotten to remove the hook

owene, Sep 24, 11:57am
Why didn't you do this check and ask these questions BEFORE you bought the vehicle!

crzyhrse, Sep 24, 12:32pm
I bet you're glad now that you saved that $1 to text the registration number to FIND and confirm it.

shuddupowh, Sep 25, 2:33am
Saying a car is legit doesnt mean it hasnt got $ owing. Its not illegal to have $ owning so yes its legit. Legit means not stolen, reg not dead (not been converted) etc.

gabbysnana, Sep 25, 3:53am
Beautiful- my daughters husband, old know it all brought a car from mr believable over a weekend, a flash fast white car, after 12 months he sold it, after 2 weeks it got Repossessed, $10,000.00 owing to CREDIT UNION, buyer takes husband to DTto recover the $10K he paid the repo man- husband ended up paying the buyer $50 a week till it was paid off. Cool eh. For a buckold know it all would have been $10K richer.

miss_2_u, Sep 25, 4:10am
There is an 0900 number you can ring, cant for the life of me remember it or what they are called but they tell you every little detail you need to know

owene, Sep 25, 6:15am
Of course every car is legit, debt-free and a fantastic buy. Every vendor is also amazingly honest, generous and fully trustworthy and if they say it's legit then it must be.

owene, Sep 25, 6:16am
So he was only "reasonably" honest then!

crzyhrse, Sep 25, 6:27am
'Legit' doesn't mean anything.

stacie_nz, Sep 25, 7:04am
what car was it

mopsy3, Nov 21, 3:50pm
When my son was looking for a new car we got two Carjam reports that stated money owing. It also said who the financer was so I just rang them. Although they could not tell me the amounts owing, they did confirm money was still owing and told us to get the owner to contact them. We decided to leave them as both times the financers were helpful enough to advise 'discreetly' to avoid them.