Went on Carjam to check out a vehicle and.

aragorn2003, Apr 15, 8:18am
I got a message instead of the report saying 'Please apply to the Transport Registry Centre, in writing, for details about this vehicle'

What could this mean! never had it happen before

And it wasted my last check for the month arrgh

chris241, Apr 15, 8:54am
whats the reg ill see if it works for me if you want

saxman99, Apr 15, 9:06am
Sometimes a car owner can request the information is kept private for whatever reason.

autocars1, Apr 15, 3:44pm
You have to be a registered dealer to get all that iunformation now, breaches the Privay Act.

smac, Apr 15, 8:15pm
It's nothing to do with the Privacy Act.

valencia2, Apr 16, 1:22am
It means someone has applied to keep their details secret. They might be police or a private investigator or whatever. It is much the same as keeping your phone number unlisted.

aragorn2003, Apr 16, 6:07am
o ok , it sucks i cant even see the basic info on the the car like its odometer readings etc

smac, Apr 16, 6:11am
SO go ask the owner.

aragorn2003, Apr 16, 6:29am
Wow thanks oh wise one , where would we be without you.

Not all people in this lovely world are honest , go figure , so asking if the odometer has been wound back to someone who wants to talk up their car to get the most $$ doesn't necessarily mean i'm going to get the honest answer does it! which is why there are businesses like carjam.

smac, Apr 16, 6:40am
Well no, there's businesses like carjam because there are savvy business people who realise they can make money selling the information.

If you have reason to suspect a vehicle has had it's odo wound there are far better ways of figuring that out. The condition of the vehicle for one.

aragorn2003, Apr 16, 6:52am
Well yes , there's business people out there who capitalize in a corner of the market for people who want to check a vehicles info like wound odometers and if its stolen before viewing (which saves wasting time) , which is basically what I was implying and what you then said so I don't know why you found it necessary to disagree , I suspect its because you want to be right and you were but so was I

More brilliant advice , really good if the car is not in the same city. 2 thumbs up!

Thanks for your input though . Now your turn

smac, Apr 16, 8:05am
I have no idea what you're on about sorry. You said you were getting no result looking at carjam. You said nothing about what you wanted to know. I suggested asking the owner, which is a perfectly reasonable suggestion in the circumstances. Everything after that is just you getting your panties in a bunch over nothing.I think you assumed I was having a go at you and it went downhill from there.dunno. Good luck with that paranoia.

aragorn2003, Nov 5, 4:43pm
Thanks for the best wishes , see that smiley face to the left ., if I had my 'panties in a bunch' as you put it ( I wear boxers by the way) then it would be one of these red not so happy looking ones.

It can be very hard to see the intent behind things that are written . I think you must assume i was angry which I am not.

Good luck with giving out blatantly obvious advice that a blind person could see

Anyway this is getting quite off topic , as a poster above has already answered my question , which you did not.