Cambelt for hyundai lantra 1996

rob678, Mar 24, 1:35am
Just wondering if anyone would know what a fair price to get a cambelt, tentioner etc changed in the above model! thanks in advance
p.s. its an 1800cc model cant give more info then that as im thinking of buying it but cambelt hasnt been done recently

phillip.weston, Mar 24, 2:39am
$600-800 depending where you go. Perhaps less if water pump isn't changed.

rob678, Mar 24, 2:57am
Awesome thanks for your help it's just hit 100,000km so it would need that just factoring it into the budget a little worried that its hit 15 years and doesn't seem to have had this done

thejazzpianoma, Mar 24, 4:38am
Will be well overdue based on age of the belt, so many people forget its age or km's whichever comes first.
Just be aware with the Lantra that they are pretty shocking in a crash from memory, in fairness so were a lot of cars of that age but it was particularly bad from memory.

johnf_456, Mar 24, 4:43am
The priest is at it again hes not asking about flipping safety.

thejazzpianoma, Mar 24, 4:47am
Oh dear couldn't possibly be seen to point out a possible issue where lives are involved.

I find its always best to consult a priest before its time for your last rights.

johnf_456, Mar 24, 4:51am
Who cares, a car is a car.

phillip.weston, Mar 24, 4:53am
It gets a 3 star ANCAP rating, which for a 1996 era car is very comparable to the competition at the time.

thejazzpianoma, Mar 24, 4:56am
O.K thats fine then it was just something I thought I recalled.

thejazzpianoma, Mar 24, 5:02am
Where did you get that from phillip!
I looked at the ANCAP site and it just said "poor" (I could be looking in the wrong place)
The listing here says one star unless it has an airbag in which case it gets two.
http://users.tpg.com.au/users/mpaine/ncaplist.html http://www.nzta.govt.nz/resources/ancap/hyundai/index.html

rob678, Aug 21, 1:50pm
Thanks for the info and yes it does have an airbag and its got to be better then the Hyundai Accent 1995 (no airbag) that its replacing :)