My blue XC Falcon tan vinyl top just got stolen!

Page 1 / 4
suburbanite100, Mar 5, 1:56am
Hi all.My car was parked in residential Ellerslie (Auckland) and has gone missing (about 3 hours ago now).It hasn't been towed, I've checked.It's medium metallic blue (original paint), a bit patchy, with a tan roof and interior.Original rims (black) with no hubcaps.On LPG.Rego ID4119.Keep your eyes and ears peeled!This is my daily driver and I've put a lot of time and effort into making it reliable - it sucks that some lowlife would take it.Also has thousands of old photos in a box in the boot that I just picked up from my parents.These theives should have their hands chopped off!Grrrrr.

quickstitch, Mar 5, 1:57am
will keep an eye out for it, just heading into onehunga now

suburbanite100, Mar 5, 2:17am
Thanks heaps.Knew I could count on ya (stopped in at your place one night to pick up Al who was getting a tonneau cover made for his xc ute)

suburbanite100, Mar 5, 2:33am
By the way, forgot to mention, it's a 4 door sedan, 500 model ('Falcon 500' on the boot lid), 6 cylinder (no badges), bench seat, auto on the column.No modifications.For those who aren't sure what an XC is, it's a 1976 model - that typical '70's looking Falcon (not the squarer late '60s early '70s one, or the squarer late '70s early '80s one).

whqqsh, Mar 5, 2:36am
Im driving around this area & further south all the time, Ill keep a watch out

ras39, Mar 5, 5:26am
Bumping for the ol' xc

robbo36, Mar 5, 5:28am
Will keep any eye down in Hammers for you, mate! Bloody a55holes deserve a nigerian necklace!

1fordluva, Mar 5, 5:44am
I am with you. papparic for justice minister!

lookoutas, Mar 5, 5:47am
Scumbags!

v8xa, Mar 5, 6:15am
these always some lite fingered c**t out there to stuff ya day up. any body who steels someones car should be lined up and beatn in public.
hope you read this you WANKERS.

zephyrheaven, Mar 5, 7:05am
that sucks!

by the way have you still got your mopars!

suburbanite100, Mar 5, 8:22am
Yep still got my Mopars (2 Dodges and 6 Plymouths).Long time no hear, everything ok for you down your way!Bit of a bummer to lose my reliable daily transport, I think if I left a Mopar parked outside work on a rainy day I might come back to a pile of rust on the ground.Ha ha.Nah, I love 'em, but build quality sure leaves a bit to be desired.There aren't that many XCs left around these days, so it will be hard to blend in anywhere.I sure hope it ain't gonna get chopped up :-(Man it's a constant battle against the bad elements of nature and society.

suburbanite100, Mar 5, 8:25am
I'll try to come up with a photo.I've got a speed camera photo (49 km in a temporary 40 km zone!) but can't take a photo of that because my digital camera was in the XC.Hopefully someone has a digital image of it somewhere.

ras39, Mar 5, 8:30am
so keep your eyes out for a slightly rough blue 70's falcon 4-door sedan, there are so few of these left that if you see one that you don't already know of-that's probably IT (even if its had wheels/reg plates/etc changed)it's marc's daily car and he's a choice guy who's put a fair bit of love into the old girl over time so its a bit like the family dog getting stolen(not to mention the irreplaceable old family photos of which there are no copies.)

zephyrheaven, Mar 5, 8:33am
Yip same here, my 58 is still in a garage in the Hutt Valley I hear - so keen for a 58 Fury if I can save some beans

Earthquake took my shop but lucky to be leasing building, moving just around the corner to a newer safer cheaper place

Cheers

clark20, Mar 5, 8:45am
I'll keep a look out as well, my Mums in Ellerslie and I wil be there tomorrow

suburbanite100, Mar 5, 8:46am
Glad to hear that you're ok.I like it down there, it's a bit more like how things used to be up here before they started turning to crap.I just found a photo of my car (well, it's in the background at least) - I'll post it in a sec if I can work out how

suburbanite100, Mar 5, 8:58am
Hope that worked.Real mint original Chev 350 (Chev badged Statesman) in the photo there.I think the diff crapped out about 5 minutes later (no I'm not anti-Holden - I have an HQ and really dig them).Not the best angle of the XC (or any XC for that matter - I think the best view is looking out over the hood - a memory that's fading fast)

ras39, Mar 5, 9:13am
Yep that photo worked sweet

ras39, Mar 5, 10:17am
Bumping so marc doesn't have to drive an astina or hitchhike to work

cbody, Mar 5, 10:24am
gmail

quickstitch, Mar 5, 10:28am
OP, had to laugh, not 1 minute after i posted my comment about going into Onehunga and keeping an eye out for your car, Al rung me to tell me, and as soon as he said his mates Xc had been stolen, i said " the blue one with a vinyl roof" he was gob smacked, I'm sure he was suspisious and thinking how the hell do i know !Hope it turns up on the side of the road, just less petrol.Bring back public hangings (it made horse thieves think twice)

suburbanite100, Mar 5, 10:35am
I need to find myself a $200 xf!My Country Squire has wof and reg but won't fit in the garage.

lookoutas, Mar 5, 10:12pm
Know a guy that pinged his wife playing naughty girl, using one of those

clark20, Mar 5, 10:20pm
Guy at work imported one of these for $60 but it did not work too well