My blue XC Falcon tan vinyl top just got stolen!

Page 4 / 4
ras39, Mar 14, 2:04am
Anyone seen a slightly rough blue 70's falcon sedan or parts thereof!

suburbanite100, Mar 15, 1:37am
Thanks for your comments gunhand, not even worth a response, I can only assume that you're not very passionate about old stuff and probably never had anything ripped off that you really liked and poured a lot of time and money into.Anyway, that's far more of an acknowledgement than your comment deserved, I only wanted to bump my thread (because unlike your comments, I don't think it's time to let it go, it hasn't been much more than a week - however if it was a (typically uninspiring) modern car (which I can only assume that you drive) then I would have let it go in the same second I realised it was gone)

jason18, Mar 15, 1:40am
stop swearing!

gunhand, Mar 15, 5:11am
Well your wrong on so many levels its not funny. If you really read what I said theres nothing to bad in at all. Its time to let it go, well its been a week and obviously no sign of it and the longer it is the less likely there will be. Its just a car for gods sake. Well unless its something else it is just a car.
Ive been down the same track as you. yes Ive had a motorcycle stolen and a nice car written off through no fault of my own, and ive had gear stolen from my house.
You made a comment to someone else wondering how they could be passionate about a modern car as you think there "just transport" so i just asked what your car offers you besides transport.
And yes ive poured thousandsinto cars old and new over the years all sorts of makes and models. All insured just in case something happened to them.
And ive even owned an XB and poured dollers into and in the end it was still just a car, looked good though.
And I drive a less than modern car.
So im not sure where you thought all the ill feeling is in what I said.
And lastly at least I didnt try and have the thread removed like others have.
And as I said, no one likes things being stolen but in this day and age your lucky if you ever see them agian, does happen though. Beleave it or not I was out riding in the weekend and seen a few XAs etc and thought of yours.
Was your car insured, if so you should get good money for and be able to start again.

johnf_456, Mar 15, 5:15am
Gunhand hes allowed to bump it and give others the chance to possibly see it. What is this nazi camp!

gunhand, Mar 15, 5:19am
When did i say he couldnt!

johnf_456, Mar 15, 5:24am
By saying time to let it go and reading between the lines. But don't worry about it.

gunhand, Mar 15, 5:28am
Theres a saying for that that eludes me at the mo. But jumping to conclusions useully ends in tears.

suburbanite100, Mar 15, 7:56am
Well ok, I'll answer your question "what does it offer me apart from transport" (not that transport is a minor issue when you live and work where I do).It offers me a fair bit of pleasure to drive - one of the highlights of my day (not because my life sucks, just because I derive a lot of pleasure from driving cars I like).It offers me a chance to look at something that's not cr@p and made in an era where everything looks like it was designed on a computer and made as cheaply as possible.It offers me a chance to escape for a moment this unstylish modern world and admire the sculptured hood, well styled dash, cool rear view mirror, and offers me the opportunity to load 6 people in and tow heavy sh1t and only have to pay a buck twenty seven a litre for LPG, knowing that I won't be stuck on the side of the road with some electronic issue (like with my old xf) because it's all mechanical and I've been through it all.But yeah you're right, it's been a week, I should give up on it.That's the attitude, move on, cut my losses.

suburbanite100, Mar 19, 1:11am
Well, the insurance came through.It was insured for market value, and the amount they've given me will probably either get me a rusty xc with a dead rego, or a good one with no motor.This despite my best efforts to inform both of the independant valuers and the insurance agent of what the car had (LPG, rebuilt mechanicals, etc) and faxing them a ton of receipts.Maybe the government should look into punishing criminals instead of sending them to counceling or giving them home d with free sky tv and a playstation.I'm still hunting for my car.F**K!

phillip.weston, Mar 19, 5:22am
who are you insured with! if it's market value, tell them to find you the same car for that value if it truely is 'market value'

mike107, Mar 19, 5:31am
AMI insurance told me market value on a 1973 Colt GTO was $950. I am with AA Classic car insurance now for $10,000. and it is $8 a month.

roys351, Mar 19, 8:10am
i am still looking for it dont give up we have had sucess storys before

suburbanite100, Mar 20, 6:35am
I'm with Vero insurance.The person who is handling my case (not a kiwi) has all the personality of a fish and hasn't been very helpful and doesn't address any issue that I have e-mailed him (they may as well employ a robot).I think I'll take the advice above and insure it's replacement (HQ ute) with AA Classic Car Insurance.I have one of my cars with Classic Cover Insurance, but there's a limit of 5000 km per year, which is no good for a daily driver (hopefully the AA is not the same).Thanks to everyone who is still looking out for it,I haven't lost hope yet.

quickstitch, Aug 7, 10:56am
any idea what it would cost to insure a xa GT replica for $18000. i will be baby sitting a mates car while he has a holiday in the big house. Car already in my name, to avoid confiscation, and he want me take for a few long runs. I couldnt enjoy driving it uninsured.