My blue XC Falcon tan vinyl top just got stolen!

Page 2 / 4
lookoutas, Mar 5, 11:24pm
Good to see you took that flash building zeph.
Just an excuse for another bump.

3tomany, Mar 6, 12:09am
watch parts listings on trademe you might see something distinctive

3tomany, Mar 6, 12:10am
nice ride hope you get it back

dr.doolittle, Mar 6, 5:21am
In Epsom I parked next to a nice Orange/red XC GT(may have been a copy) with black stripes on the bonnet & a good set of tridents . Nice looking cruisers amongst the ordinary. I'm keeping an eye out too.

3962, Mar 6, 9:35am
Has it got greenish patches on it or is that just the pic! Asking this would bump too.

suburbanite100, Mar 6, 9:09pm
Thanks for the bump, umm, I mean question.Yeah the bottom quarter of the car and a big patch on the right rear door were (as per when I bought it) painted in a different shade of blue, which is a shade I have seen on other (factory) xc's (perhaps it was bought in one of those pre-mixed cans for the model of the car).The other (original) paint on the car is a colour I have seen on a few xb's (and no xc's), and my car is a very early xc, so I guess that makes sense.

suburbanite100, Mar 6, 9:12pm
Also the paint on the upper surfaces of the car are pretty faded and dull, although some time in the past (before i got it) the front top of the front guards and a patch on the left side of the bootlid look like the have been attempted to be polished, so the paint in those areas is not as dull.

suburbanite100, Mar 6, 9:17pm
Also the left front door has a pretty distinctive dent.it's a big egg-shaped ripple about the side of the door, where (before I got it) a real nasty big dent (apparently the car slid off a gravel road and into a fence post) was hammered out.Just thinking about it there's barely a straight panel on the car so i don't know what anybody would want with it (not much good for parts or to do up, just a great driver)

suburbanite100, Mar 6, 9:20pm
Man this sucks.I keep remembering about stuff that I had in the trunk and the glovebox which will be a bitch to replace and were quite dear to me.Not to mention how I'm gonna get to work in the morning so I can pay the taxes to put a roof over the head of the person who stole it and pay for the government to buy wet bus tickets with in case they ever catch the person(s) who did this.

trader127, Mar 7, 4:03am
You have my full sympathy mate. My WRX got stolen and I have since moved onto classic cars and are more sentimental too. I really hope it gets found, have you filed a report to the cops! Justice in this country sucks!

suburbanite100, Mar 7, 7:32am
Yeah I've filed it with the cops (first thing I did, not that they've been anything but a hinderance to me in the past).I've tried to put the word out as much as poss.Gonna step up the campaign tomorrow with pamplets, a facebook profile, magazine ads, etc.If it was something like a BA Falcon I just wouldn't give a f.k and would just collect on insurance, but I didn't spend half of the winter in a cold breezy garage covered in sh.t when i could have been in the house with my girlfriend just so some f.kin &%#%$*$((@%$ could steal it.Arrrrrgh!

suburbanite100, Mar 8, 7:43am
Thanks guys.

Bumpity bump.

Hmmm,. this is starting to sound like the lyrics for some song.Bump bump bump bump, I lost my Falcon, bump bump bump.

townie55, Mar 8, 5:35pm
Sorry I didn't see this thread earlier.My eyes are peeled in West Auckland for you.I hope you find it safe and well very soon.

sifty, Mar 8, 7:29pm
happy to bump thread as appreciate your efforts in reclaiming something you have had taken by low-lifes. Hope it turns up, and they get arse cancer.

suburbanite100, Mar 8, 7:33pm
Thanks heaps.I figure if I get the word out enough it's gonna be hard for whoever took it to keep it under wraps.If you took it and are reading this and have second thoughts my phone number and email are in this thread, just let me know where it is (fat chance).In the last month both one of my storage units and my neighbours got ripped off, nz (well, Auckland for sure) certainly ain't the cool place it used to be

bigeye2, Mar 9, 8:25am
shame use to cruise in my m8ts one bout 15 years ago,looked heaps like this !

chargerchick, Mar 9, 2:10pm
OH mate I feel ya pain, I really do, we had one of these ole beauties(same year and model we called the blue lady) for half a dozen years and Oh the memories.What is ya number plate as I always look every time I see one of these in case it's or ole girl,long shot but ya never know,cars being stolen to order is rife in some places so it could come this far south at some stage, I have saved your mail addy so if any one spots her we can give you the heads up. I will also put the word out to some trucky mates who do thenorth Island run from ChCh. I'm doing up an 83 XE at the mo and by Fv8k if any one nicked off with her I would base ballbat upgo a-huntn thats for sure.I so hope you get her bck m8

ras39, Mar 9, 9:30pm
The rego is ID4119

sifty, Mar 10, 7:20pm
that shiela from Big Bang Theory has nice boosies.

(because saying 'bump' is boring)

bigfatmat1, Mar 10, 9:08pm
bum

suburbanite100, Mar 10, 9:11pm
I should watch that.From what little I've seen it looks pretty funny, and not having a car (well, apart from various ones in storage units that are either immobile, unvinned, too good for everyday use, or all of the above) I'm home a bit more.Maybe I should spend the rego money on a new pair of slippers.

suburbanite100, Mar 10, 9:16pm
You said bum

ras39, Mar 11, 4:36am
Takes one to know one.

hatchback, Mar 11, 4:49am
Pooz & Weez

ras39, Mar 11, 6:31am
I know you are but what am i!