My blue XC Falcon tan vinyl top just got stolen!

Page 3 / 4
bigfatmat1, Mar 11, 7:20pm
wahoo 100

suburbanite100, Mar 11, 8:26pm
Captains log, Friday, March 11 (one week after XC goes missing):Got up, fed cat, drove to work in girldfriend's Astina.Sitting in office wondering how it got to this point (a younger me would be shaking his head in despair).Need to take urgent action.Situation critical.

suburbanite100, Mar 11, 8:28pm
Note to self: Do more than just think about putting a kill switch in next car.

suburbanite100, Mar 12, 12:30am
Lovely weather out

robbo36, Mar 12, 12:43am
Which one of you has got tourettes! Whore.slut.bitch.-
whoop.whoop.

suburbanite100, Mar 12, 1:01am
Is it contageous!

robbo36, Mar 12, 1:38am
Err, no. F#@k.horsesh*t.di-
ddlehead.whoop, whoop

suburbanite100, Mar 12, 4:15am
So how about them Mets!

hatchback, Mar 12, 8:22am
Stole my car stole my car stole my car

suburbanite100, Mar 12, 8:30am
That's a choice song.A brown HQ from memory.Probably a 173 Belmont - hope it wasn't stolen to use for a getaway car - ha ha

hondalova, Mar 12, 8:49am
Dude, wheres your car!

I Dunno where is my car Dude!

suburbanite100, Mar 12, 8:59am
You actually love Hondas!When I was a kid (about 9 or so) I told my parents that if they went ahead and bought my autie's Honda Civic then i wouldn't ride in it.And they did, and I didn't, and they sold it.

suburbanite100, Mar 12, 9:01am
But each to his own and I'm not hassling, I just didn't know anybody loved them.I thought they were just transport for people who couldn't car less

suburbanite100, Mar 12, 9:02am
Of course I might be missing something

suburbanite100, Mar 12, 9:03am
Apart from my Falcon

suburbanite100, Mar 12, 9:06am
So, about them mets.

gunhand, Mar 12, 9:21pm
I think its time to let go. No one likes a car/bike being flogged but in the end its just a car for gods sake. Ive been down the same track as you but I think a bit of perspective is needed now.
And out of interest apart from transport what else does your old falcon offer you! not hassling just asking.

extrayda, Mar 12, 11:56pm
Every time I see this come to the top I check it in the hope that your Car has turned up ok.
Gunhand, I've been lucky enough to never have had a car stolen, but I know that the ones that I put time and effort in have sentimental value, more so than a standard 'daily driver'.If my daily driver got stolen I wouldn't want it back, and could just go out and buy something almost exactly the same quite easily.Modern cars just don't have the same personality and feel that older ones do. (admittedly I like a lot of modern car features such as Air Con, Good brakes, electric windows, generally more comfortable - the list goes on - but to me they don't have the same feel to them).

** good luck finding the Falcon - I hope it shows up **

I don't have an old car anymore, and I do miss the 'fun' factor a bit, but not the 'will it still be there when I get back' part of it.I don't have to worry about my daily driver much in that respect ;-)

johnf_456, Mar 13, 4:43am
bump all the best get it back

jmma, Mar 13, 4:57am
Its gone

ras39, Mar 13, 12:22pm
Its gone somewhere. On a small island.

ras39, Mar 14, 12:15am
i know my old mate suburbanite100 well, and this plus your comments and question tell me that the old adage "the fact that you need it explained to you means that you're not gonna understand" is true and very appropriate in this case.

ras39, Mar 14, 12:20am
no kidding,thanks for that input,ever considered enrolling with mensa!

jmma, Mar 14, 12:22am
Just keeping it simple for everyone (o:

ras39, Mar 14, 12:42am
fair enough mate,just sounded a bit snarkyall good