ADVICE needed - a good 8 seater for a family

flagheaven, Jan 16, 4:08am
we have a family near to us whose car is now knackered and they need a replacement one . they have 6 children and have always gone out as "part" family as cant all fit in car they had so we are looking at paying it forward and buying an 8 seater for them.
we need to know of a good 8 seater modelcar as never looked at them before and dont know anything about " jap imports " or such as is needed for this mission - I believe !
any help would be appreciated .

fordcrzy, Jan 16, 4:29am
The ONLY 8 seater I would even look at is a Nissan pressage. All the rest are junk commercial vans with seats. Get a pressage

trdbzr, Jan 16, 4:32am
The thing with that Commodore is seeing how 'useful' those extra three seats really are. Besides advice is pretty much useless without stating a budget.

kazbanz, Jan 16, 4:46am
Flagheaven--what budget are you working with mate!
People movers--Look I'll List the 8 seters -no particular order or preference
1) Toyota estima/previa/lucida (for this convo calle em same car)
2)nissan Presage
3)Nissan Serena
4)Toyota Noah/lightace
5)Nissan largo
6) nissan vannette
7) Mitsubishi spacegear
8)mazda bongo

flagheaven, Jan 16, 4:50am
$7-10000 but if its not enough then we will have to dig deeper

flagheaven, Jan 16, 4:53am
THANK YOU .I have looked at all / lots ofthese on here andwondered if one was "more" reliable than others!

mothof4, Jan 16, 4:57am
We have a Nissan presage and have been very happy, the back seat splits so if we only have us 6, we can fit more gear in. Now days we only have one child at home, others all working! Still love it and won't be in a hurry to trade it in!

flagheaven, Jan 16, 5:53am
kazbanz, THANK YOU for your time and you valuable information. i will take it all on board and report back with what we do. cheers and thanks again. john