Can anyone help with Ford Fairmont problems?

Page 2 / 2
nave12, Feb 4, 7:55am
My 93 eb fairmont was starting to do this(turn the key and nothing),try this.turn the key as far as you can and hold it there,with your other hand give the dashboard a good whack just above the handbrake lever,even a few good whacks,if it starts you need to change your smart lock module,i changed mine and it went mint again.

bentcoupe, Feb 4, 9:01am
mine just winds and winds and when you think it guna dieit will fire,only after a runeven up to shop5 mins! , when it coldnot a problem

chopper14, Feb 4, 9:22am
battery termials
best way to check is be doing a voltage drop test

gmphil, Feb 4, 9:56am
Same think on a 93 wont turn over brake lite cum up try screwdriver no go pull start mm seized try crc and screwdriver to losen ,na still no so pulled apart. Holy hell was absolutly had it completly rusted inside neversein anything like it

gmphil, Feb 4, 9:56am
Same think on a 93 wont turn over and brake lite cum up on dash so tryd earthin with screwdriver no go ,so pull starter motor mm seized tryd crc and a screwdriver to losen ,na still no goso pulled apart. Holy hell was absolutly had it completly rusted inside neversein anything like it

elect70, Feb 4, 9:30pm
Could be same as i said earlier, , starter drawing too high amps& not enough for injectors tofire enough fuel in .

bentcoupe, Feb 4, 9:31pm
mine got a holley on it

gmphil, Feb 4, 9:35pm
Sound like urs lcob,- low comprestion oil burner .try doing comprestion test

chip8, Feb 4, 9:39pm
Try getting a Holden.

barnyg, Feb 5, 5:54am
If youare sure the battery is good the click you hear is possibly the solenoid on the starter receiving the "start" signal from the key but it is likely the starter brushes are worn or stuck so the starter wont actually start turning the engine over so attention to the starter will be required OR it could be as simple as the small wire that pushed on to the solenoid has fallen off and the click you hear is the starter relay.