Izuzu bighorn road user charges question

geminidragon, Feb 5, 7:48pm
hi i was quoted at the post office $54for 1000 kms driving surely this is wrong ,that equates approx $11 for every100kms ,jeeezi,m glad i only bought the thing to tow my boat every so often ,regos not bad though as i was quoted $212 for 6months and $417 a year

a.woodrow, Feb 5, 7:57pm
nope it equates $5.40 for every 1000km

grangies, Feb 5, 8:01pm
No. It's more than than but definitely not as high as $54.

This link shows charges down the bottom, but you need to know youe vehicle type.

http://www.nzta.govt.nz/resources/factsheets/38/road-user-charges-1-6-tonne-vehicles.html

geminidragon, Feb 5, 8:03pm
oh never was good at maths ,i heard its based on your gvm and mine on the papers says, Gross vehicle mass: 2,355kg ,didn,t think it was that heavy

geminidragon, Feb 5, 8:07pm
i make it $44 per 1000 for 2 ton unless i,m wrong

a.woodrow, Feb 5, 8:08pm
going off the info provided by OP

$54 per 1000km
1000/10= 100
54/10= 5.4

taipan4, Feb 5, 8:08pm
so by the time you put your boat on the back, you will be over the 3 tonne
& into another bracket REMEMBER it's the total weight including whatevers trailered, not mention all those fish you catch LOL

rocky0169, Feb 5, 8:32pm
For a bighorn you should atleast running 3 ton stickerdepending on yourtareweight.The early 90's model,s were 1800kg tare for v6 petrol.if i rememeber rightly the deisel is around the 2 1/2 ton mark.

geminidragon, Feb 5, 8:43pm
my ruc should be based on my truck weight not what i decide to tow with it on occasions

rocky0169, Feb 5, 9:01pm
. Not entirely tru because. because your vehical is private vehical. your sticker is your combine combination weight.Dont thjink you wont get pulled up on because you will, it's a matter of time.

r15, Feb 5, 9:25pm
i've never heard of this occuring on light vehicles-nobody gets a 5 ton RUC for their ute so they can tow their boat

frytime, Feb 5, 9:32pm
true, it is on the car, you have anthor 3 ton on the trailer before the trailer need a ruc sticker

intrade, Feb 5, 9:32pm
i dont heard this either but maybe the law exists just like you need a permit for any open fire no one usually gets one but the law exists . its like in the terminator movie soon here all and everzthing needs a license. Mate got told 800 doller for a dismentaling license for his greenhouse from cauncil. what a joke not even in europe you have extreem policing laws like this

bashfulbro, Feb 5, 9:34pm
Wrong. the GVM of a vehicle applies to that vehicle only. GCM ( Gross Combination Mass) is the gross weight of the combination of vehicle and it`s trailer.
There will be a bit extra weight ,transferred to the towing vehicle via the towbar, but the trailer,if under 3.5 tonnes, is not subject to RUC`s.

bashfulbro, Feb 5, 9:46pm
It is, your light trailer is not subject to RUC`s.,The only thing you would have to consider,is the bit of extra weight on your towbar,from the trailer, but if your Bighorn wieghs 2.3tonnes then you must have a 3tonne sticker anyway ,which would be plenty

if it was a Heavy Motor Vehicle .ie Truck & Trailer, the Truck has it`s own GVM,( Gross vehicle Mass), so does the trailer, each cannot exceed their individual GVM.the Truck & Trailer combined,also cannot exceed theGCM ( Gross Combination Mass) of the truck, the weight of it and it`s trailer ,combined.