Clubby Rotors; Rear.

Page 1 / 3
southernpride, Feb 7, 12:50am
Anyone know the best place to get rear rotors for our 05 HSV Clubby!So far we're looking at having to sell our first born. would really like to do it and only have to sell a kidney (sort of attached to our children. most days).At this point we're looking at over $5k!Bastards don't tell ya that when you buy a car!."Yes sir, goes like a cut-cat. stops on a dime. but replacement brakes will mean selling your first born!"

rob_rooster, Feb 7, 1:58am
Shouldnt be anywhere near that amount, find a aftermarket parts store or performance shop and get DBA rotors fitted, should be cheaper and they will work great!

southernpride, Feb 7, 2:53am
nyah - can't get aftermarket for the Clubby R8;they are a stupid size with the backs being 332!Been on the phone all morning getting quotes; front rotors and front/back pads being supplied from Auckland at a cost of over $2k; and have to get the rear rotors from the HSV dealers which is just over $2500!I guess hubby will slow down a bit now though, so we'll save on tires as well lol.

bellky, Feb 7, 2:55am
wow! that's expensive

southernpride, Feb 7, 2:57am
Hell yeah!Newer cars are worse though; was told today of a guy who brought a new car last year; thrashed the sh!t out of it and then run back to the dealership when he found out his brakes were gonna cost $10k to replace!

bellky, Feb 7, 2:59am
that should be a crime.

kerrieann, Feb 7, 3:14am
bnt automotive have a performace brembo rotors 400 bux the pair

hi-ling, Feb 7, 4:32am
Bring them in yourself from Aus, way cheaper.check out http://tiny.cc/jl7vt

jkm, Feb 7, 4:33am
I will stick with me ole VT SS then!

sw20, Feb 7, 4:34am
Compared to the OP's quote that is a bargain.

clark20, Feb 7, 5:02am
Yes, I got them for a 2001 R8 a lot cheaper at BNT

southernpride, Feb 7, 5:14am
Thanks for all the tips guys. I don't know whether it's because it's a VZ Clubby - R8. or if they were a special request. but it doesn't seem like I can get anything cheaper than my quotes. even direct from Aussie.There's no aftermarket ones that are 332; so it looks like we've been shafted. even worse the bastards didn't use lube!

magicmat, Feb 7, 5:17am
Nice car. sure you probably feel like putting a match to it at the moment. but nice car.

hi-ling, Feb 7, 5:27am
http://tiny.cc/utdv2 Heres a new pair for your car for $399 Aus and they are 332mm

southernpride, Feb 7, 5:57am
OOH!I'm not sure if you're Sue, Allan or the Dog. but I could kiss you right now!

speedy34, Feb 7, 6:13am
are the rotors cracked or are you just getting a pulsating threw the brake pedal or steering wheel when you brake!

southernpride, Feb 7, 6:36am
They're stuffed!Can't be machined as too thin. they won't even do it at our risk.Car's only done 90,000; had some hard use.

southernpride, Feb 7, 6:52am
Gah!they ONLY deal in Australia. but we rung them and hubby's turning on the charm, so the woman we were talking to is going to have a little chat with her boss and see if they can help us out.She had no idea what the cost was over here. hopefully they can see a niche in the market - starting with us!

barry93, Feb 7, 10:48am
I gota 06 vz r8 same thing 3 months ago at wof time. not cheep alrite hsvcouldint even supply them at the time (rear rotors) paid $700 each i think

elect70, Feb 8, 2:40am
& they say parts or eurosexpensive! .Certainly put me off buying 1needing to buy new rear rotors at 90 K .Well madeaustralia !

magicmat, Feb 8, 2:50am
I believe from what the OP is saying, that these are not the standard size rotors for what ever reason. Plus she appears to concede her hubby has a lead foot which lets face it, is usually going to result in a lot more wear and tear on any car. Still its a harsh lesson! Though I have to say as a Holden owner I have been left pretty breathless by the cost of Holden dealer servicing and repairs. A fuel pump and filter cost me just under $800 from a Holden dealer! Do a search for fuel pumps and filters on this site and you will see why I wondered how the hell they justify those prices. But is is worth it for the car and the joy it gives me; ab-so-f***ing-loutely!

smac, Feb 8, 3:06am
So hold on (ha!), even though these have some odd ball rotor size, do you HAVE to replace with the exact same size! What is the next closest!

dolsen, Feb 8, 3:07am
Then, enjoy a flight over there to pick it up and still have money left over if they don't want to ship to NZ (they should though).

Also, you don't pay (Australian)gstas they are shipping it out of the country.

smac, Feb 8, 3:09am
But you will probably get charged NZ GST when they arrive.

magicmat, Feb 8, 3:17am
Well the NZ govt likes to add its own insult to injury to get its pound of flesh from its victims/citizens.