How can I tell if my Holden Commodore Acclaim.

clairewithi, Feb 7, 1:20am
is a VY or VN or any of the other two letter things they call them! It is a 2005 model, sedan automatic.

curlcrown, Feb 7, 1:23am
Have a look at the chassis number. It will contain either VY or VZ. Bottom left of front windscreen.

clairewithi, Feb 7, 1:25am
awesome, thank you!

by_hdt, Feb 7, 5:20am
05 will be a VZ

neo_psy, Feb 7, 6:11am
NZ New will most likely have it on the rego label anyway, but by_hdt will be right.

clairewithi, Feb 7, 6:43am
Yup its a VZ thanks guys!

markthesparky, Feb 7, 6:50am
if its a v.n it will be older looking and not have abs or airbags and have a solid diff under the back and a 3.8 v6 or 5.0 v8 under the bonnet. if it's a v.y it will look a new cop car and have abs and airbags and heaps of other gadgets on it , also it will have a inderpendent rear end & a 3.6 "alloytec" v6 or a 6.0 genIV v8 motor.
i hope this helps with your question about your own car which I havn't even seen

markthesparky, Feb 7, 8:46am
also if it was a V.N it wouldn't be called a accliam it would be a S ,a exectutive , or a berlina. the accliam didn't come out till the V.R

gunhand, Feb 7, 8:51am
New cop cars are VEs and look nothing like VYs, But there will be the odd one lurking about and there prob VXs.

clairewithi, Feb 8, 8:51am
This depends on where you are from too. I have seen cops driving Nissan Cefiros and Mitsi's in the South Island!