Windscreen replaced in CHCH

nats62, Feb 7, 9:41pm
I need to get a windscreen for the car for the warrant. Is there a fairly cheap place in Christchurch to get one. It is a 1987 Toyota Corolla. Have rung around a couple of places, and seems to be around the $260 price for one. Is there cheaper! TIA.

stabi360, Feb 7, 10:16pm
heres an idea ring around

male_timaru, Feb 7, 10:24pm
I have a client who fits windscreens - he may want a cash job at some stage - but i don't want to post his details online obviously lol

3962, Feb 7, 10:24pm
Autoglas Stieger Limited
40E Brisbane Street
Sydenham
Christchurch
NEW ZEALAND
PH 0800 78 43 43

curlcrown, Feb 7, 10:59pm
Did it fail because of a chip or crack! If so it may be fixable.

nats62, Feb 7, 11:39pm
It was a crack. Too big to get fixed. That's okay male_timaru. I can understand that. Have rung around, as I had said in the first post, and the cheapest I have found is about $250.00. I have tried the wreckers places as well, and they don't have them. Looks like that may be it. I have until next week anyway to have the money, so will be fine. Thanks for the help.

curlcrown, Feb 7, 11:59pm
A lot of people will say it can't be fixed when it can. I had one fixed alomst a foot long last week, most guys would say it caouldn't be fixed but you just need someone good. It's certified to W.O.F. standard too.

nats62, Feb 8, 1:45am
How did you get them to fix it then! I have been told it is too big to just fix. Which company did you go through! Sorry about the questions, but if I can find a cheaper option I will. Thanks again.

curlcrown, Feb 8, 2:22am
It was an indipendant small comapany up here in Auckland. Maybe try some of the smaller operaters in your area, not one of the big natainal companies.

unbeatabull, Feb 8, 4:35am
Whatever you do, DO NOT take it to Smith & Smith.

kiwicarol, Feb 8, 4:37am
depending on why it cracked it may be covered free by insurance