Nissan to join V8 Supercars

Page 3 / 4
richardmayes, Feb 9, 9:59am
One of my bosses is Ford and the other is Holden, they upgrade their R8 / GT-P every 3 years to the newer model. Fair enough if you can do it. Not sure I would, even if I could.

[I'm pretty sure that if I had $100,000 to spend on a toy car, I wouldn't buy a $100,000 V8. I would buy 4 different $25,000 cars that would provide a hell of a lot more fun, all year round. ]

gman35, Feb 9, 10:07am
Yes , I wonder if either have ever tried anything else !

foxdonut, Feb 9, 1:10pm
Lol. The gtr would get raped an average of 15 seconds a lap. Compare how the Donuts King GTR GT3 did in the bathurst GT3 event against the average time of a middle pack V8SC from the last couple of seasons.

Unless you're one of these people who still think they're driving showroom cars!

foxdonut, Feb 9, 1:14pm
Wow.

delerium1, Feb 9, 7:31pm
yep, thats what happened in 91 and 92 when they added ballast and then banned them.

V8 racing is boring and attracts knuckle draggers, duhhhhhh V8! the reality is the only difference is the paint and panels. At least with TRS and the suzuki swifts, they are upfront about the fact that the cars are the same and the costs are a lot less.

bill-robinson, Feb 9, 9:57pm
Yes, but the racing is still boring

rob_man, Feb 9, 11:11pm
I just heard Tracy Donaldson talking to some munter about this on The Rock. It sounds like she actually believes there will be Japanese cars competing and the bogan thought the same.
How thick are these people!

rob_rooster, Feb 9, 11:12pm
I really dont think so, A full race prepared GTR would easily be quicker than a V8 Supercar just look at what a Ferrari458 did to the lap record at Bathurst recently!
Google it!

sifty, Feb 9, 11:15pm
you're asking how thick are bogan munters that listen to the rock.!

rob_man, Feb 9, 11:32pm
I see where you're coming from. If it wasn't for them there wouldn't be any AVESCO or The Rock.

foxdonut, Feb 9, 11:58pm
Fact:

Donut King GT3 GTR - fastest lap - 2:26.11

http://www.bathurst12hour.com.au/event-info/2011-results/

Whincup - 07 BF Falcon - Lap record 2.08.46. - add 10 whole seconds and you're still miles behind.

Also - the italia - It rapes the GTR as well.

Your GTR is down more than 100hp and weighs more than a V8 SuperCar, even in GT3 Trim.

chris_051, Feb 10, 12:02am
So what's worse V8 bogans or knuggle draggers who think Skylines are the best thing on 4 wheels and got banned from Bathurst!
For the record the four years the GTR raced in group A Aussie touring cars the Sierra beat it more often than not.
The GTR was not banned, its 2 Bathurst wins (which is all rice fan boys mention) coincided with the demise of Group A racing WORLD WIDE due to increased cost, less participation from manufacturers and viewers.
The GTR is like the racist card to rice fan boys, if all else fails just mention it, because it's the only thing out of Japan to mix it with the rest, just don't let facts get in the way of a good story.

rob_rooster, Feb 10, 12:08am
Your still not really comparing apples with apples.
That Donut king car is a privately entered car with no Factory support with largely no name drivers.
What if Nissan entered a proper works car, with someone like Lowndes at the wheel!

foxdonut, Feb 10, 12:17am
Lol.

Its a GT3 car. Built to FIA GT3 Specification. I gave you 10 seconds for a decent driver.

You're the one wants to compare Level 1 silhouette FIA cars to GT3.

Its still slower.

attitudedesignz, Feb 10, 12:30am
Well said that man.

rob_rooster, Feb 10, 12:44am
No sadly your still wrong it is only a class C car, not gt3 spec at all and privately entered you cant compare that to a factory backed $500.000 race car with Pro drivers at the wheel.

bill-robinson, Feb 10, 12:51am
So where does he yet to be built Nissan (insert engine type) v8 fit in this debate. Trying to get back on the subject instead of rehashing the same old rubbish

foxdonut, Feb 10, 1:00am
GT3 isn't a single specification.

You wanted to compare the Nissan GTR to a V8SC car (would you like me to quote the post again just to confirm it!)

Now it seems your street racer can't compete with a fully custom made and regulated category 1 car.

Who would have thought.

rob_rooster, Feb 10, 1:09am
Actually it was you that tried to make the comparision between a slightly warmed over GTR Road car and a full spec V8 supercar
If the GTR was given the same treatment a Holden or Ford bodyshell gets and all the other factory backed add ons lets see what happens.
And yes I know that is not going to happen in this series of racing!

hi-ling, Feb 10, 1:23am
Yep and lets take off its turbocharger and 4 wheel drive, (which none of the others are allowed to run), and limit it to 7500rpm, and make it run on ethanol, and youd just have a sluggish 6 cyl peice of poo.
You cannot compare a full race spec,unlimited power option car to a V8Sc where they are resticted to very tight rules. lets place a modified corvette ZO6 engine into the commodore and it'll wipe the floor with the GTR,

foxdonut, Feb 10, 1:26am
"I really dont think so, A full race prepared GTR would easily be quicker than a V8 Supercar" - I'm quoting you here btw.

Donut King car raced on the day, so its a safe bet its "fully race prepared" for racing. (Although I do remember it taking a little bump from an Audi and sulking off the the pit for the rest of the day like the little bitch that it is).

If the GTR was given the same treatment that the Holdens and Fords are then you would take its wing mirrors, front grill, boot lid and badges and stick them on a pre built chassis that has the same engine, diff, suspension and brake packages as every other car in the series. Choose one of two regulation motors, fuel tanks and telemetry systems and call it aday.

What YOU really want here is a comparison between a Nissan GTR and an actual, showroom floor Holden Commodore or Ford Falcon, so you can feel like your whizzbang GTR is "better" than a "V8" - which it totally is - at three times the price.

skully13, Feb 10, 5:16am
If the GTR is so great (and I do think it is a great car for the price), how come in Japan (Super GT) it runs as a rwd naturally aspirated V8 and not twin turbo V6 awd as the road car!

goron56, Feb 10, 6:18am
Ford and Holden are both going with Nissan V8s soon to cut costs.

dante055, Feb 10, 7:19am
my thoughts to mix it up are
1.back to h pattern gearbox and full clutch.this skill is now a goner in todays racing.2.open up to other tyre brands.F1 could do with this to.

dante055, Feb 10, 7:22am
great post!