Farm rego

Page 1 / 2
petermcg, Feb 9, 9:01am
I am a builder with a Diesel Van that is paying about $600 for rego,, now I am going to be a Farmer, does any one now how much the rego will cost for a light van on farm rego.

morrisman1, Feb 9, 9:05am
You're not going to be a farmer are you.

pebbles61, Feb 9, 9:16am

scoobeey, Feb 9, 9:21am
must be lots of building work on the farm hehe:)

mohaka, Feb 9, 9:58am
Years ago there was a class A exempt(no wof required) for farm vechicles,etc,sadly gone now as some people used it to register their car at a fraction of the cost.

a18a, Feb 9, 10:53am
x1
How long has class A been gone! I had my car on it just a few months ago

mohaka, Feb 9, 10:56am
My mistake,thought it was gone,just tighted up on it.

flashgordon_nz, Feb 9, 11:02am
peter, i think from memory it is $48 per year. no cof/wof required, not allowed to travel any further than 11km from home, or 21km round trip (from memory). I have a daihatsu delta diesel tip truck inn farm ergo. we own a block of land, sale yards are 8km away, town (farm supplies etc 7km), quarry and sawmill 11km. perfect. covers our needs, and is legit.

skin1235, Feb 9, 11:16am
there is also clause in the 'farm rego' that goes something like ' not to be used for other than farm use'
so taking the rods and the boat to the beach is actually a no-no according to the cop that pulled me up

mugenb20b, Feb 9, 6:26pm
OT, but you can drive on the road from one "farm" to another that's owned or managed by the same person. My petrol ute (which is on class B) costs $57.57 per year, so a diesel van would roughly be around $100.

mugenb20b, Feb 9, 6:27pm
x1
Were you fined!

desmodave, Feb 9, 7:26pm
Just renewed mine it was $57 for 12 months for my s3 landrover witch i just use to go fishing and collect firewood etc.I have chooks and 3 sheep so that makes me a farmer ok.I think the local cop gets abit pissed off with so many locals running around in thier cars on farm rego

intrade, Feb 9, 8:49pm
make sure you undo the odoeter on diesel for farm use farmuse has no roaduser charge. if you dont you will get a bill when the vehicle changes license back to normal use. and its bullox that you can claim the miles back there is no such form AA and the post told me so . so ust disconnect odometer problem solfed.

intrade, Feb 9, 8:51pm
You do need a wof for farm rego if the vehiclegoes faster then 40kph no need for wof to get a farm licens labe however as they dont know if your vehicle goes faster then 40.kph also your not allowet to go far on public roads its like 7km and 23km round trip if you own another farm along a 23 or so strech of road, used to be 7km radius Also you will get a ticket from ticketlickers for no wof if you park in town with farm rego as they also got no idea that your vehicle could be doing 40 topspeed and wont need a wof and that your farm is just around the corner, Then you would have to pay the fines or proof in court about your farm and all.

desmodave, Feb 9, 9:01pm
once on farm rego you dont have to go get a wof every 6 months you just keep renewing the rego as they expect you to keep the vehical up tp wof standard.Farmers must be a trust worthy bunch aye.

intrade, Feb 9, 9:55pm
i did read about the 40kph limmit i am sure vehicles under 40 need to be up to wof standards unless it has changed again like the 7km radius used to be and has changed The benefit for having a farm rego is it wont deregister if you forget to renew the licens and wont backdate like it does on passanger licensing so if you got a project car i would flick it on 11 farm rego that way you can take it for a spin round your worm-farm without getting a ticket providing you only drove 40kph or below speed. farm rego deregister after 2 years of no use if i recall right and if it has not changed on that looked it up in 2008 so could be changed again and its quite hard to find all the fineprints of rules on a government website.

intrade, Feb 9, 10:02pm
My farm hilux currently unlicensed
Expiry date of current licence:
12 Dec 2012
Expiry date of new licence:
9 Feb 2013
Licence period:
12 months
Fee:
$57.64 (Incl GST)
hmm so 1 year self hold i wonder if it would deregister on the 13 december 2012. got to hunt down new fineprints i think again.
licens labe expired 24.9.2011. its been unregisterd since then the licens fee is from today for 12 month above

gregelz, Feb 10, 5:17am
Exemptions from fees and/or levies

Exempt Class A

Exempt Class A vehicles are not exempt from registration and licensing but are exempt from registration fees and the vehicle licence portion of the licensing fee. You still have to pay for other fees and levies included in the total licensing fee. For example, you still have to pay for the appropriate ACC levy, registration plates and labels.

Exempt Class A vehicles are:
a pedestrian-controlled goods service vehicle
a motor vehicle propelled and supported solely by self-laying tracks
an all-terrain vehicle
any mobile machinery used on roads only in road construction zones in accordance with notices declaring such zones. Mobile machinery means: a motor vehicle designed and used primarily for earthmoving or construction and maintenance of roads, bridges, ditches, or buildings; but
excludes any motor vehicle designed primarily for designed for carrying passengers or goods to which machinery has been added.

Exempt Class B

Exempt Class B vehicles are exempt from the payment of some levies and charges such as ACC levies, road user charges and fuel excise and excise equivalent duty.

Exempt Class B vehicles are:

Farm vehicles
A motor vehicle (not a trailer) designed for agricultural operations and used on a road solely for agricultural operations, including mobile or movable huts, galleys, and similar motor vehicles used on a road solely in connection with such operations. This does not include a vehicle designed for cartage or spreading of lime or fertiliser when used on the road for cartage or a weed sprayer on a truck chassis.
A motor vehicle (not a trailer) owned by a farmer and only used on the road to go from one part of the farm to another part of the same farm, or from one farm to another farm owned or managed by the same person, for agricultural operations.
A tractor or traction engine used on the road solely for agricultural operations; or if used mainly for agricultural operations and otherwise only in connection with road construction and maintenance.
A tractor owned by a farmer used on a road only for the owner's agricultural operations, and/or
the cartage of milk, cream, or whey to or from a dairy factory, and/or
cartage of any farm produce, implements, stock, or other farm requisites from one farm to another farm that is owned or managed by the same person or for a maximum round trip of 21 kilometres of public highway.

A tractor that is designed and used partly for the purpose of loading lime or fertiliser into topdressing aircraft and partly for drawing a trailer that is designed and used exclusively for carrying aviation fuel in a permanently attached tank for use in topdressing aircraft, and for no other purpose and is not taken on any round trip of more than 21 kilometres of public highway.

Mobile machinery

Any vehicle (other than a tractor) with machinery permanently attached, designed to be used on the road for driving, carrying or propelling: airport runway sweepers; electrical substations; filters for transformer oil; stationary log haulers; or aero engine test benches.

Miscellaneous
Self-propelled grass mowers used solely for the upkeep of grounds (cemeteries, recreation or education grounds) or cutting of grass verges on roads.
Mobile huts, galleys or similar vehicles used solely for construction or maintenance of roads.
Traction engines.
Forklifts.

intrade, Feb 10, 5:35am
round trip of more than 21 kilometres yea used to be( 7km radius) that was far more then 21km round trip if you used google map and drawn a radius, but it changes without notice so you can only travel 10,5km on public highway as you got to get back also to not exeed the 21km. pritty much usless to most farmers in reality.

petermcg, Feb 10, 8:36pm
Thanks for that, I spent 6 months last year working on a farm, and just drove between home and the farm everyday in my builders work vehical, so am genuinly enquiring.

petermcg, Feb 10, 8:37pm
Maybe I could get a worm farm

petermcg, Feb 10, 8:39pm
I was thinking of still paying RUC and still getting a WOF just pay less licencing registration, when on farmers wage, does this make sense.

desmodave, Feb 10, 8:56pm
No.why pay if you dont have to.

neville48, Feb 10, 8:57pm
Too late, the Chinese got them !

pdc1, Feb 10, 10:00pm
Pete - you may have to get yourself a vehicle that is built agricultural, maybe a Falcon or something to qualify.
Seriously I think all this exempt A & B stuff had changes last year, and it no longer applies to your case. I THINK ! it goes along the lines that you don't register the vehicle at all now, but you have a defence if you get caught if you can prove that it was being used for legit purposes.