NZs best stretch of driving road

Page 5 / 5
andrewph, Feb 27, 9:15am
Wires road, Maratoto on a wet day.

robyn276, Feb 28, 8:50am
Those are the logs I sit on to the left of the photo. Lovely photo. We spend Christmas breaks there with our Adults sons and their families. Fabulous place.

phalanax, Feb 28, 8:06pm
Desert road.drop the hammer !.

modie61, Feb 28, 8:51pm
SH1,Paekakariki to Pukerua Bay.
Nice scenery
80 kph
Slow campervans
Grannies doing 60kph
Wire rope barrier
No stopping
Rock falls on a rough day
Sea breaking over the seawall
Driftwood on the road
Its got everything

therafter1, Feb 28, 9:06pm
At your peril ! . it is a favourite haunt of the local revenue collecting branches of the IRD and is heavily patrolled from both the northern and southern ends. And for some reason many people think that they are in the middle of nowhere so therefore the presence of revenue collectors is reduced so they can feed their ride a bit of extra slipper . it isn??

kokako14, Feb 28, 9:11pm
Auckland Motorway System at 5.15pm on a Wednesday night.plenty to look at around there

therafter1, Feb 28, 9:14pm
From Levin south should be sign posted as a national disgrace !

The only time you will catch me on that road is when I have absolutely no alternative !

therafter1, Mar 6, 11:28pm

lalbagh, Mar 6, 11:57pm
Motu Road, narrow, gravel, one lane, winding, precipitous drops, and fords. oh,b#$%% they closed it because too many people were using it as a bypass around the slip closure at Waioeka. Hang on isnt that what a road is FOR, to be USED!

michael.benn, Apr 15, 11:52pm
Yep! Took this road coming back on the road trip last week. Bloody fantastic.

bitsy_boffin, Apr 16, 12:18am
Queenstown to Glenorchy and back, lots of altitude changes, lots of cornering.And the scenery isn't bad for the passenger.Driver is too busy.