Mazda MPV warning light?

Page 1 / 2
lookin4ord, Feb 11, 8:00am
looks like a lamp with a meter going through it, any ideas!

morrisman1, Feb 11, 8:05am
picture would help

lookin4ord, Feb 11, 8:06am
good point back soon :)

jmma, Feb 11, 8:16am
Your electricity is on empty (o:

lookin4ord, Feb 11, 8:27am
any ideas!

kazbanz, Feb 11, 8:27am
lmao- thats right above an adjuster knob innit! --its to adgust instrument brightness

lookin4ord, Feb 11, 8:34am
no its a proper warning light on the dash, between the charge and oil lamps nothing to do with the dimmer lights either side are red this one is white

jenny188, Feb 11, 8:38am
fault in charging circuit, no or low voltage from alternator, would be my guess. Least likely faulty battery not taking charge

lookin4ord, Feb 11, 8:41am
charging lamp is normally battery symbol!

lookin4ord, Feb 11, 8:42am
low washer fliud!

kazbanz, Feb 11, 8:51am
look on the right side of the dash just below the instrument console. youll feel the side of a roller/knob. try rolling it whichever way it will go. -do it at night with the lights on

lookin4ord, Feb 11, 8:59am
did that earlier! how is this warning lamp related! interesting thing looking at the manual there is arrows point to all the warning lamps except this one

lookin4ord, Feb 11, 9:18am
weird thing is i went back out without the engine running and moved that little wheel, it didnt dim the dash but i could hear two electric motors moving something near the headlights! but the position of the lights never changed!

morrisman1, Feb 11, 9:21am
check to make sure all external lights are operational.

lookin4ord, Feb 11, 9:48am
will do, an update though there is a push rod similar to the odo reset just above this light the gives you two positions for the dimmer ie bright and dim :) it does not change this warning lamp, the thumbwheel below the rh side of the steering wheel I also have no idea what it does but that its moving two servo motors somewhere

mugenb20b, Feb 11, 9:52am
Those motors are meant to be attached to your head lights. So, if you happen to carry a heavy load you can electrically adjust the light beams lower so you don't blind the oncoming traffic.

lookin4ord, Feb 11, 9:54am
oh ok I wondered about that! but must be disconnected for NZ as I dont see any change on the lights

mugenb20b, Feb 11, 10:01am
Interesting.every car with that feature I've seen worked perfectly. Maybe they were disconnected due to one of them being faulty, not sure.

lookin4ord, Feb 11, 10:08am
Will have a proper look tomorrow

thejazzpianoma, Feb 11, 10:39am
Looks like an auto leveling headlamp failure warning to me. This is usually illuminated when the sensor or sensors for the auto leveling system fail.

I guess it may also be possible for it to illuminate if the physical linkage to the lights is broken/disconnected. However I wouldn't spend a long time on the light actuators without looking into the sensors.

I am a little bit surprised the MPV would actually have auto leveling lights though, I had a feeling the only Mazda's with that feature were ones with Bi Xenon lights.

Either way you are on the right track looking at the headlight leveling system, whether its automatic or manual/electric.

jenny188, Feb 11, 8:58pm
Now having seen the symbol: Dangerous warning lights usually show up in Red , ie brake system failure/ charging fault, etc.Warning or check lights are ORANGE, . Your light is White, and symbol is of a bulb and brightness indicator.So Its just some form of indicator for light dimmer or similar

kazbanz, Feb 11, 9:40pm
in dim light drive the carup to a wall or some reflective surface and try that feature. The lights slowly tilt either up or down depending on how they started out and how you flick the switch.
Does the light on the dash go out once you start the car!
Sorry last night I was a bit tred

blue35, Feb 11, 11:05pm
As kazbanz & jenny188 have said, an indicator for light brightness for the instrument panel, have just checked on my MPV. Turn your lights on, note the brightness off the lights on the instument panel and press the rod above it, the instument panel lights should dim, or brighteen.

lookin4ord, Feb 12, 1:42am
ok so it never goes out!

kazbanz, Feb 12, 2:08am
thats the question I asked you--does it turn off when the car runs!