Classic car insurance ami

Page 2 / 2
lookoutas, Feb 13, 4:46am
I pay $351 for 35K cover, with Classic Cover/Vero (think they looked at the cubes and thought that was about right) It has increased about 20 bucks per year.5000KM limit/year also. (not an issue, I don't wanta clock up more than that anyway)
They advertise in NZV8, so they get my nod.

Swann have a good deal for certain club members, they quoted me $300 and $150 for any other classics thereafter.

Would've changed, but Classic have just shelled out for a broken window, so I decided to support them for another year.

Edit:Posted this last night, but it didn't work!

owene, Feb 13, 5:39am
Yes but (if in their view), the market value is less than the agreed value then they will only pay the market value. It's bullshit really because 99% of people taking an agreed value cover think that it's agreed value both ways. But it's not.

owene, Feb 13, 5:40am
Right but if you ding it and they decide that the market value is $26k, that's the max cover they'll pay on. Read the fine print in your AMI policy.

owene, Feb 13, 5:41am
Have you ever made a claim for this vehicle!

hutchk, Feb 13, 5:47am
You're wrong. Agreed value is exactly that - you agree the on value of the vehicle when the cover commences, and this is the amount paid out in the event of a total loss. Market value policies are completely different.

magoo2, Feb 13, 6:09am
I paid less than $200 to insure a modified 1958 vehicle with AMI for $17000

owene, Feb 13, 6:30am
Sorry to differ but read the fine print in your "Agreed value" AMI Policy. I know that they don't as we have made a claim on an "Agreed value" policy for a total writeoff due to another driver rear-ending us and they paid the market value which they said was considerably below the agreed value.

smac, Feb 13, 9:32am
owene, I have a brand new 'vintage' policy right in front of me. It clearly spells out 'agreed value' and what that means. It states in black and white that in the event of total loss this is the value paid out. What clause are you referring to that you think means otherwise! Was your claim AMI! What type of policy!

owene, Feb 13, 10:18am
Yes it was an agreed value policy with AMI. They paid market value only and argued that the "agreed value" was a maximum payout figure. The fine print supported their position.

smac, Feb 13, 7:03pm
Well you got boned then. Don't see how this effects the OP though.