Is This A Rare Car? 1982 Mitsi Galant Super Saloon

panicky, Feb 12, 7:40am
its not a rare car at all

sheepey, Feb 12, 7:41am
They were common once. They rusted badly in doors and chassis around steering box.There were a number of different models and options , imports being a161-a164a and NZ being gr, s, t v models running late 81 thru to 84.Just old now!

rob_man, Feb 12, 7:42am
Used to be common as mud but they rusted away back in the 90s. Quite strong mechanically though and very popular in their day, if you buy it keep it under cover.

sheepey, Feb 12, 7:43am
Also coupes called lambda's, saporro's, sigma gt'setc. Huge range and options really.

aragorn2003, Feb 12, 7:43am
hmmmif it doesn't have any rust and is pretty straight $1500 is a bargain.

Quite popular to chuck in a starion turbo or even a vr4/evo engine in.

The mitsi man will be in to tell you more info im no expert

jsbike, Feb 12, 7:46am
I see rust on the doors, thats ok because you can see it, hate to think how much there is you cant see.

commy69, Feb 12, 7:47am
Thanks mate!, yeh she's got a bit of rust in her, am really wanting it to make tidy again so tempting

friendly_prawn, Feb 12, 7:48am
not that I like them but grab it. You'll make money on it if its not to rough.
specially if its a manual.

commy69, Feb 12, 7:52am
Yep , its a manual. Am tempted

mopar63, Feb 12, 7:57am
geez I thought Tutty would have jumped in on this thread real quick lol

countrypete, Feb 12, 7:58am
It's a used import, so be VERY cautious of the odo reading.In those days a number of dealers used to import those with dents in the roof.That's because they were stacked two high at the crushers in Japan where they were bought from.There were some very dodgy cars imported in those days.

phillip.weston, Feb 12, 8:04am
Rarer being an import not particularly desirable unless a factory turbo model with IRS etc. I would say $1500 is a good price though. I have the turbo coupe version of that shape Galant.

commy69, Feb 12, 8:25am
Very interesting thank you.

jason18, Feb 12, 8:27am
Yeah keep it under cover so nobody laughs at you when you drive it

rob_man, Feb 12, 8:31am
They had the best oil back then, we used to work on hundreds of fresh imports and often they would have around 32k on the clock but the oil change sticker said the next change wasn't due till 150k.
Miraculous.

trogedon, Feb 12, 8:33am
Cool old skool Mitsi imho. Looks good on those wheels. I had a girlfriend with a really mint one in metallic blue.

countrypete, Feb 12, 8:34am
Don't necessarily be put off by that.If it's in good nick generally, mechanically goodand drives well, that's more important than the speedo reading at that age.

neville48, Feb 12, 8:34am
Dont buy it to reinforce your memories of grandma, it may be a pile of shite and need lots of money spent on it and with all the emotional crapolla you may end up with a brick that taints your memories, just tell grandma you saw it for sale and move on maybe!

motorway, Feb 12, 8:44am
Those early imports had lots of vacuum pipes and other scary stuff that we'd never seen before.the solution!
Pull it all off and bin it.seemed to work .

rob_man, Feb 12, 8:50am
Yep, I put a Sirius 80 motor and box into a Hunter back then, did away with all sorts of emission crapola and chiselled the catalytic crap out of the chamber in the exhaust manifold. Went like a raped ape.