Unfinished project cars on TM?

duke250, Feb 13, 1:56am
Hello, I always wonder why so many people sell project cars on TM that they spent so much money on stating it only needs like $200 more put in to get it cert. I mean if someone puts 10g in a car and then decides to sell it $200 shy of making it road legal sounds fishy to me. Its like they put it together and it runs crap so they try and offload it quickly. Who would fall for that!

sas777, Feb 13, 3:48am
Maybe only $200 or so is needed to get it all certed, but by this time they are heartily sick of it and desperately want to see it gone. These projects will need finishing off, paint, wiring, trim tidying up, engine detailing, all taking up more of your life. Then in the background there is all the partner's nagging sending you slowly mental.
Could be a good deal for someone.

pebbles61, Feb 13, 4:43am
Some of them are genuine, circumstances change (jobs, moving away, relationships etc) and they sell them on. Of course they'll never get the money back.

Then are those who have bodged it up well and try and have failed the cert so many times they can't be bothered doing a proper job. lol

pollymay, Feb 13, 5:47am
Did mine, turned up, flew through cert. Got it back the next week and drove it till the engine blew up. Fixed it, sits in the garage cause I can't be bothered with all my projects, just needs a warrant is all

hawkeye30, Feb 13, 6:00am
Hmmm. Maybe selling to finance next project cause yea after a while and a few weeks/months income projects lose their apeal! Now that i can relate to! Always at least 4 projects on the go round here as well as the odd jobs for mates and keeping up the maitence on the vechiles we need for work.
But our projects are for bush bashing or river crossings not your normal toys/cars.

trogedon, Feb 13, 6:23am
There is a good one on here selling a project - "new interest - divorce" !

bopbargains, Feb 13, 8:32am
It's the same reason peoplesell their cars withno WOF,but say it will getone no problems butthey just don't have the time to get one. Because theyknowit willstill needs a lot ofmoney thrown atit to get itcert'ed/wof/ going right.

whqqsh, Feb 13, 8:43am
type 'Bob's your Uncle project' into search & see how easy it is to build a car

falcon15, Feb 13, 8:57am
there are a few good deals for almost finished projects. i bought this car for 6500 because the guy striped it to fit a new body kit and didnt know what he was doing. i had it all back together and painted within a week. still owes me under 10g and is now just under 300kw
http://www.hytechengines.co.nz/info.php!info_id=31

socram, Feb 13, 8:38pm
Some guys get their pleasure out of designing and building and are not really interested in the finished article at all.Mine has been a money pit, but so far has kept me out of trouble for over 7 years, but I am itching to drive it more than 50 metres up the street and back!
To get it certed and the final fibreglass panels done and painted, takes a minute to type and rather longer to actually do.

phalanax, Feb 13, 8:59pm
Most of the project cars i see are a waste of space and it would be cheaper to buy a woffed car.there are either alot of dreamers or rip off merchants trying to sell junk that will never get a wof or a cert cause theyre either so rusted theyre not even fit for a scrap dealere or theyve been nbutchered into the realm of illegality.alot of folk have a different view of what surface rust is and what is workable steel and what is just a finger plugging a damstuff.
I see alot of projects where theyve stripped back to bare metal got tired for a year and are left with metal that has no useability left.

phalanax, Feb 13, 8:59pm
Most of the project cars i see are a waste of space and it would be cheaper to buy a woffed car.there are either alot of dreamers or rip off merchants trying to sell junk that will never get a wof or a cert cause theyre either so rusted theyre not even fit for a scrap dealer or theyve been butchered into the realm of illegality.alot of folk have a different view of what surface rust is and what is workable steel and what is just a finger plugging a damstuff.
I see alot of projects where theyve stripped back to bare metal got tired for a year and are left with metal that has no useability left.Its weird how so many folk can think theyre cars worth thousands when its never gonna get a wof without outlaying as much or more than theyre asking and truth is alot of the cars needing rust repairs are just never gonna make it back on the road legally .pillars and roofs that are plagued and floors boots and chassis that
once removed leave you rust to weld to.good luck to those that want to save a rusty holden ute or classic .but unless its a rare model its a waste of time.like neil young .Rust never sleeps.lol.otherwise the only real reason alot of folk would buy a rusted or damaged beyond belief xy falcon or hq ute. etc i might suggest is so they can retag one theyve flogged from honest joe.its all a slippery slope.lol