Desperately need help - exhaust - waitakere

lee_vamp, Feb 14, 8:04am
Desperately need help with my exhaust, in West Auckland. It has 2 pipe parts that join together by one sliding inside the other. The clamp holding them came loose & they separated. I tried to fix it myself (following some stupid instructions) by putting on some steel epoxy then sliding them back together, or that was the idea anyway, but couldn't really get them together properly. Scared to drive it to a mechanics because the back pipe part might fall off & wedge on the road & damage the back of my car. Also can't undo the back bolt to just take the back end of exhaust off to get it to a mechanic. Very blonde. Anyone know any mobile mechanics or westies who know what they're doing who could come help cheaply!

patiki1, Feb 14, 8:23am
Sounds like you need to go to hirepool and hire a mig welder.

jmma, Feb 14, 8:24am
johnf_456 lives out your way, he may be able to help (o:
He will be along shortly,

74nova, Feb 14, 8:33am
Is this something that can wait for the weekend! I've got a portable welder if needed and can help out then.

cassandra13, Feb 14, 8:37am
are you insured! perhaps a break down tow to a local exaust shop could be the go

kazbanz, Feb 14, 2:40pm
leeevamp--if the back bit iswn't atatched to the front then a couple of beefy zip ties will secure it to drive
I'd recommend pit stop in sel peacock avenue henderson--good guys that know their stuffr

pollymay, Feb 14, 3:06pm
Coathanger it up so it can't fall, go get it fixed.

tonyrockyhorror, Feb 14, 8:37pm
Put a hose clamp on there to get you to someone who can fix it.

nicolaas3, Feb 15, 6:33am
Duct tape and cable ties. Drive straight to nearest garage.