What kind of oil?

jash3, Feb 15, 3:37am
Can anyone tell me the best sort of oil i need to run in a fully reco v8 motor please and how long before i have to give it an oil change please.

hounddog2, Feb 15, 3:52am
need more info mate what kind of v8! from which car ! And if its been recon'd to what extent is it all factory!

jash3, Feb 15, 3:56am
Sorry mate.302 windsor standard, fully recon eg: rings,brearings,mains,timming chain.

bellky, Feb 15, 4:00am
run whatever oil recommended for that engine (refer workshop manual or engine builder) - change oil and filter 800 to 1000km

mrfxit, Feb 15, 4:10am
Almost any straight MINERAL oil should do, the less additives the better.
DON'T even think about any oils that are whole pr part synthetic (of course you're not that silly, aye)
Easy on peddle most of the time/ no loads/ no high revs/ no slugging, basically middle of the range driving (not a nanna but not a hoon) 95% of the time.
Change oil/ filter somewhere 1st 500 to 1000km, then if it's running fine up the change km's to 3000 to 5000kms & oil + filter again.
After that you can do alternate oil or filter

jash3, Feb 15, 4:29am
Thanks for that mate.

jsbike, Feb 15, 5:17am
oil with the least amount of additives will be 4 stroke motorbike oil, if you can get it in the correct grade your engine needs.

strobo, Feb 15, 7:33am
Canola oil if it's a shitty Ford ;)never change the oil ever in a fordcause it will never make any difference !

jash3, Feb 15, 8:10am
What a clown.