How to measure wheel nuts that I need please ?

happs1, Feb 18, 8:48pm
The spare doesnt fit nuts that is on the other wheels . They need to be longer . I found some puegot nuts and the trader wants to know what size I need . Thanks in advance .

intrade, Feb 18, 8:55pm
You mean wheel bolts longer !

skin1235, Feb 18, 8:57pm
either square end 'mag' nuts or capped nuts' just get some tapered open nuts at repco

happs1, Feb 18, 9:01pm
Maybe I do mean the wheel bolts with the thread on !and they need to be longer for the spare tyre . Sorry I know Jack about cars and Im trying to get the damaged pug on the road for my daughter who has 2 weeks to have the car legal and on the road as she has just got two jobs down the line both shift work.

happs1, Feb 18, 9:02pm
Should I just take the spare to repco!

kazbanz, Feb 18, 9:07pm
Happs-we need year/make/model to offer sensible replies.
Just to explain--theres a fair few variations in how a road wheel is held on a hub.
First is. the simple one-
captive stud fixed to the wheelwith a wheel nutOR threaded hole in the hub and a bolt to secure the wheel.
Then theres the simple but PIA part-the thread size/pitch -which varies from manufacturer to manufacturer.
Thentheres the taper of the nut face and the OD of the nut.
all of thisand probably other stuiff too impacts on whats the right wheel "fixing" for the job

skull, Feb 18, 9:10pm
Take a photo and post a link so we can properly understand what the actual problem is. It sounds to me like you are needing longer tube nuts but quite frankly you are being very frugal with your information.

intrade, Feb 18, 9:10pm
sounds like you should get another spear wheel that is the same as the rest Is the spear one alluminium and other steel rims or something . you also do not need a spear for a wof.
www.imageshack.us
post link after upload

ashwattau, Feb 18, 9:13pm
Is it a case of the car having alloys (flat washer type bolts) but the spare being a steel with the taper seat bolts!

ashwattau, Feb 18, 9:13pm
Is it a case of the car having alloys (flat washer type bolts) but the spare being a steel wheel that requires the taper (seat is on a 60 degree angle) type bolts! As above please post some pics of the normal bolt and wheel, and also a pic of the wheel you want to fit on there.

jason18, Feb 18, 9:14pm
Sounds like your spare isnt made for the car. Be cheaper and easier to find a new steel rim.

happs1, Feb 18, 11:58pm
So sorry for the late reply . I have to leave it for now as the car is not here to take a pic its getting a another door and glass put in. Sorry about not enough info . I will take a pic when I get the car back .The spare does fit on the car I had some nuts that did fit but my daughters ex lost them . Gggrrr Only discovered when the tyre went flat . Its a 205 Gt peugot 1992 .