Selling a car on Trademe

marie29, Feb 21, 1:26am
When listing a car, am I permitted to put my phone number in the message section for interested buyers to view the car.

ninja_man, Feb 21, 1:33am
just enter it in when they ask you for a phone number

marie29, Feb 21, 1:38am
Thank you Ninja_man.

hutchk, Feb 21, 1:49am
Well, that was easy.

toyboy3, Feb 21, 1:54am
just tick the boxfor mobileor land line whencreating the listing then the overseas scamers can't see it

yeahm8, Feb 21, 2:01am
Be aware though that you'll get numerous calls or emails from the President of Liberia or Captain Nemo stuck out seas on a boat wanting to buy your car.

phillip.weston, Feb 21, 2:04am
I would also put the number in the description and put the number in any replies to questions asking for your number. It seems even though you put your number into the designated section of the listing people still over-look it and ask you for your number anyway.

neville48, Feb 21, 9:19am
For example;Hi,

I must admit that I am very very much interested in purchasing this car from you.I am presently out of town due to work, I am currently in Bahamas and work as an engineer on ships. Now what I propose to you is this; Due to the fact that I am so far away right now I will gladly transfer you the amount via PayPal and pay the transfer charges as well, What I would then also do is arrange for a private courier company to pick up from your address once you have received the payment into your Paypal account. The reason I choose paypal is that it is a reliable and secure way of making a payment online so works out better for both parties.

So in order to enable me to proceed with the payment could you please provide me with the following information:

Your PayPal e-Mail Address :
Mobile Number :
Price is ok

Cheers
I get these all the time, surely no-one is fooled.surely.!