Hyundai Tiburon

eagles9999, Feb 29, 9:19pm
Biggish car with a clumsy name but wondering which is better the 2 litre or the 2.7litre.

vtecintegra, Feb 29, 9:59pm
Both pretty underwhelming IMO

I'd prefer an older Celica or Prelude in that type of car

trogedon, Feb 29, 10:02pm
The Shark. I thought they looked cool in magazines but in real life - only the gills appeal.

eagles9999, Mar 1, 12:04am
Thanks for the observations. But I wondered if anybody hadany actual experience with either engine. Common issues! I recall reading something about an issue with pre-2004 cars.2.7L should be a reasonable tower which would suit my purpose.

moosie_21, Mar 1, 4:30am
172hp from a 2.7L engine is pretty pathetic for a sports car, especially when it gobbles more gas than anything with VVt-i or I-VTECH of the same era. I've always liked the look, but those specs put me off.

next-to-normal, Mar 1, 12:26pm
use to drive my mates one.wanted to knock it,its a nice drive,good trip car ect,not a race car as such, but handles well,should be cheap by now,you could do worse. top gear liked it

eagles9999, Mar 1, 8:30pm
yes they are relatively cheap, however they also seem to be stuck on dealers yards as well.looked at one the other day that has been there for 4 months. So If I buy oneits going to be mine for a while.

vtecintegra, Mar 1, 9:30pm
Remember to check out how much it can actually tow.

the_don_61, Mar 2, 3:08am
Hyundai Tiburon
How it got its name.
Hyundai spouncer the Mongoose cycling team.Simon Tiburon is/was a top Mongoose BMX rider from England. Who was in the team when the car came out.
So there's a worthless bit of info for the day.

Being a Hyundai , probley one of thier faster cars. Never been in one only ever passed them.

countrypete, Mar 2, 3:41am
Tiburn is Spanish for shark - hence the gills on the side.

trogedon, Mar 2, 5:03am
I've already stated that.

1rayner, Jul 23, 5:34am
How is it big!

Not a sports car, but haven't had any trouble with mine.

moosie_21, Jul 23, 5:43am
350Z