Transporting car from akld to chch

smellykelly, Mar 2, 4:52am
Sorry.I'm sure this question has been asked to death.but I need to get a car from akld to chch.what's the cheapest way to do this! I looked at the link on here and it said it was $851. Has anyone had any experience with this or can make a reccommendation! It's fully drivable and just a BMW 1 series -so a small car. Thanks

trader1292, Mar 2, 5:06am
Captaintransporter.co.nz

sw20, Mar 2, 6:15am
Thought about driving it yourself! Fuel + ferry + flight to Auckland would only be $500ish.

snj11, Mar 2, 6:18am
i used captain transporter recently, well priced and good service

smellykelly, Mar 2, 8:07am
Yeah.might be an option.I go up formwork a lot so wouldn't have flight cost- justbfuel, ferry and a night accommodation.might be the go.

yeahm8, Mar 2, 8:26am
I went up a few weeks ago and brought one back, I'm heading up again next weekend and coming back the 14th.I'm flying back but if you pay the costs I'm quite happy to drive it back for you.

neville48, Mar 2, 9:22am
Tried rail freight.

bash, Mar 2, 7:31pm
I could transpoert for $700 if you arnt in a rush next month

kazbanz, Mar 2, 7:51pm
Tranz rail is who we use -depot to depot

matthew111, Mar 2, 9:50pm
drive it and fly back

curlcrown, Mar 3, 1:25am
Toyofiji shiping is the cheapest. You just have to use a transporter to get it to the wharf in Auckland and then off again at Christchurch. All up it will cost you less then $500. Cheper than driving it yourself.

curlcrown, Mar 3, 1:26am
How much does that cost kaz!

shorebee, Mar 3, 1:30am
toll autoexpressfrom depot in penrose to christchurch on train, $565, used them lots, great service and people and simple.

jenny188, Mar 3, 12:19pm
Brought car 6 months ago in Whakatane. Transported it to Picton. Couldn't fly. drive, ferry , overnight for less than cost of transport. Jeffs and Car Haulaways were within $ 50 of each other.