Top Gear Top Revue

mlh19658, Mar 3, 11:29pm
Sunday paper, big mouth Clarkson gives the Suzuki Sport a great write up. Never before seen him praise like that. All three presenters agreed it's a good one.

quickbuck, Mar 3, 11:31pm
So it's TOTAL rubbish then.

brokebloke1, Mar 4, 2:10am
anything to do with the UK topgear is crap cant stand the program
They drive cars that the average person will never own let alone get to touch one

bellky, Mar 4, 2:30am
top gear uk is brilliant (even if half of it is put on ;-) and so is the swift sport, both facts widely known and acknowledged for years.

bellky, Mar 4, 2:32am
i think that's partly the point of the show. it gives average joe an insight into what these cars are like to drive/own

skull, Mar 4, 2:36am
New car reviews are not aimed at poverty stricken brokeblokes. It's a shame the new Sport doesn't have a couple more handfuls of KW for the new model or I'd be up for another one.

gunhand, Mar 4, 2:37am
Yep would agree there, who would watch a program if they tested toyota corollas and sigmas.Not many I wouldnt think
And no matter who trys to replicate the UK show they dont do it very well at all.5th gear comes pretty close.

desertcolt07, Mar 4, 2:48am
who the hell wants to see ford mondeo or toyota echo on a on a race track! its all about giving people a taste of what they may never get

socram, Mar 4, 3:31am
Its a comedy programme with a load of great car stuff, presented by three guys with serious problems of one sort or another and it is popular for a very simple reason - so many people who are not the slightest bit interested in cars also find it funny.
Clarkson's way with words as as good as it gets if you like humourous writing.

gunhand, Mar 4, 3:33am
My wife has 0 interest in cars but likes top gear for the humour and never fails to have a laugh.

mlh19658, Mar 4, 4:11am
Oh well, the Suzuki is rubbish!
Back to looking at Mazda's again.

quickbuck, Mar 4, 4:28am
My point was don't take Clarksons word for anything. He is a comic, and that is about it.
It may well be a great vehicle, but Top Gear is a comedy show.

Example: The other week Hammond got a Noble to drive to see what a great coupe was if you couldn't get a Ferrari. It broke down. He loved it and defended it to the end. Rewind about 6 years to an older episode, and he was standing there rubbishing a Noble as Clarkson said it was a better car etc etc. They weren't the same Noble, but everything Hammond was rubbishing the Noble for still stood true.

rgflav, Mar 4, 4:43am
Maybe something change his mind over the last six years, or he just change his mind.

galex, Mar 4, 5:00am
Are you for real!Did you escape from parenting or something! Jealousy is so pathetic, "I can't have one so no one else should even look at it"Sums up the attitudes that are slowly leading this country down the gurgler. Why don't you shift you mindset to trying to attain something that is out of reach, rather than cr@pping on those who can, or will get, what they want by working their butts off.

ceedoubleyou, Mar 4, 5:48am
It's why I watch it, otherwise where else am I going to to see some super car get thrashed!

gunhand, Mar 4, 5:50am
XBOX or Playstation LOL.

ceedoubleyou, Mar 4, 5:51am
This show is purely for entertainment value, but what entertainment, if you have an once of petrol in your veins, this show has to be seen, even if you watch it with the verbal part of the sound turn off, so all you hear is the sound of the engines and tyre squeals.

ceedoubleyou, Mar 4, 5:53am
Fifth Gear has more credibility, as most of the presenters can actually drive, that's the reason they don't need a "Stig" character.

gunhand, Mar 4, 5:56am
Agree but its not as funny but more "real" I guess.And the Stig just adds another clever dimension to TG I reckon. take him out and it would loose some of its appeal.

mlh19658, Mar 4, 6:42am
But we are not talking about the Top Gear show. Just Clarkson's writing. And that the other two clowns agree the S/sport is a good little car. That's fairly straight forward isn't it! And I've not before seen in writing, from all three that they actually reckon a car is OK.
I'm going to have a look and test drive the thing.