Hamilton backyard mechcanic

cye2, Mar 19, 7:31pm
wanted to put a holden power steering pump in, dunno what happened to my last thread! any takers and how much u charge TIA

intrade, Mar 19, 7:37pm
probably got removed as you are not allowed to make contact and there likes on here.

cye2, Mar 19, 7:48pm
so thats what happened.yet I bought the part off TM but I cant ask if anyone can install it for me! they have a alot of time up there sleeves to track down my thread but they cant track down the theif that ripped me off selling me an asian phone that dont work!

tatts2, Mar 19, 10:28pm
Shame ur not in waiuku can do it for u

cye2, Mar 20, 3:56am
bugga

tonyrockyhorror, Mar 20, 5:07am
So it's a VR ute. V8 or V6. why not simply do it yourself. It's not rocket surgery.

cye2, Mar 20, 9:43am
its a vr ute v6, have no idea how to change one! had a look on utube how to do it and the pulley thing put me off! looks like work.I'm on holiday atm and go back to work next week, dont really want to go there when I have better things to do, thought someone on here could do it for me and ill pay them to fix it.

tonyrockyhorror, Mar 20, 9:55am

cye2, Mar 20, 10:04am
lol hey thanks tony! whatever pump I was looking at wasnt the same one LOL they have limited vids so thought they'd be all the same, even tried googling it before butthen i need help to google lol.thats exactly the same as my one you posted,Thanks again :)

tonyrockyhorror, Mar 20, 10:54am
Probably something I should have asked earlier. why do you think the pump needs changing!

jasongroves, Mar 20, 1:09pm
If the pump is at fault and needs replacing, its worth asking a few wreckers if they would fit for you.

cye2, Mar 26, 7:04am
Today I put my power steering pump on (after having a mission taking that damn nut off the rear of pump) got a nice reconditioned pump off here! sprayed sum degreaser all around the motor, put sum plastic bags over the electricals and went hell for glory with the waterblaster! got the engine all nice an clean, started the car up after a few backfires and shaky starts! took it for a run down the rd sweet as, came to sum lights, starting rough idling like it wanted to konk out, took off at the lights and almost got to driveway then it slowly spluttered to a stop, towed it home, let it rest for an hr, started it back up, ran sweet, idled for a good 10 mins then shuttered and died again! the power steering looks A ok thou! no drips or leaks and turns fine no squeals

.note, the engine had no problems before I changed the pump, think I got carried away with that water blaster.

cye2, Mar 26, 7:12am
It was leaking somewhere from the pump, couldnt see where it was leaking but the oil was coming from the pump. I bought the ute off a guy whom failed taking it in for a wof on the steering rack was leaking, he got that fixed and a week after I owned it it started leaking from the top, mate told me to best get a recond pump and fix it they cheap on here.

fordkiwi27, Mar 26, 7:21am
yep get some compressed air and blow the hell out of the motor

johnf_456, Mar 26, 10:52am
and some good old crc 5.56

cye2, Mar 26, 11:57pm
cool the engines running sweet this morning, started first pop no backfire or engine stall.took it for a good run to cambrige and back and no probs :) thanks for everyones help, guys are awesome and a great help!

tonyrockyhorror, Mar 27, 12:35am
WTF is with my post with the link being deleted! Who are the complete morons doing this!

tonyrockyhorror, Mar 27, 12:39am
BTW you shouldn't waterblast an engine bay. The seals are not designed to handle a jet like that.

tonyrockyhorror, Mar 27, 12:43am