So got wheel alignment done today.

Page 2 / 2
scuba, Mar 29, 9:41am
i take it your not in the trade.

scuba, Mar 29, 9:53am
on a normal NZ road a properly aligned car will drive straight ahead.
on the otherhand a $25 toe and go "trade special" done for the local car dealers will often drift to the left cos the boss says you only have 15 minutes to do the alignment .

scuba, Mar 29, 10:02am
If the castor was out why didn't the car pull before the wheel alignment.same with worn top bushs and why didn't they find the worn bushs before the wheel alignment was done .
and why is the steering wheel off centre!
Did they swap the new tyres to the front!
If you have the readout sheet they have from the w/alignment scan it and post a copy .
did they did do another alignment!

scuba, Mar 29, 10:09am
don't take it personally cos i owned and loved my old valiants but they could be a bit of a pig to get the alignments sorted especially castor /camber settings to the stage some tyre shops were always booked upwhen a Valiant fronted up.Or they just charged more.

eddienz, Mar 29, 10:23am
take it to somebody that knows what there doing.
used to do it for a job years ago,
few years later, took my commy in for wheel aligment and when done and was given printout, i ask why the camber was still out, there reply was it cant be changed, to that i replyed it can and ended up showing them what to do,
most places just have the young ones doing it and never train them right.

saturn51, Mar 29, 10:24am
I used to work at a Chrysler dealership and dreaded Valiant wheel alignments.You could set them up,go around the block and they would "settle" to whatever they felt like being.

eddienz, Mar 29, 10:25am
You dont know what your talking about

scuba, Mar 29, 10:27am
sigh.the good old days.lol

saturn51, Mar 29, 10:30am
And we had poxy turntables and periscope toe in gauges.Does that make me old!lol.

scuba, Mar 29, 10:34am
better than those drive on toe -in board things

saturn51, Mar 29, 10:36am
Ahh,i see you have suffered as well.lol

scuba, Mar 29, 10:42am
never trusted them, didn't mind the dunlop gauges.but those toe in boards-did a wheel alignment on $30ooo odd dollars worth of equipment only to have a local tech with a toe in board tell me my machine was out of calibration--yeah right

icemans1, Mar 29, 12:26pm
monkeys work at firestone, i've had the same problem

pico42, Mar 29, 1:32pm
That's similar to what I was thinking. Roads need cross fall of some kind to allow water to run off.

32oscar, Mar 29, 6:45pm
I don't know what sort of cowboys you have up north doing alignments, but down here they centre the steering wheel and hold it with a steering lock attached to the brake pedal, then align the wheels,although i did have one place not do the camber when i put shorter coils in the front of a falcon, couldn't do over 90 before the shakes set in.