Driving to slow - let traffic past

Page 1 / 3
v8_mopar, Apr 7, 5:28am
Bout time this happened.
More needs to be done to keep the flow of traffic going.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/6708156/Woman-fined-for-slow-driving

bronzeblood, Apr 7, 5:58am
Good job!

gamez0r, Apr 7, 8:39am
There was a serious delay going north of chch on Friday. Not sure what caused it. People (speeders and sunday drivers alike) need to learn how to drive consistently. This is part of your restricted licence test, so if people keep doing it they should be put back on their learners. Haha L plates!

gammelvind, Apr 7, 9:12am
Could have done with that cop today

likit, Apr 7, 9:17am
Thursday 6pm heading north from Chch with all the peak hour traffic plus holidaymakers were 2 caravans doing 80km/hr.Why oh why do these F**KWITS do this.
Horsefloats & caravans should only be allowed on the road between 1.00am & 1.05am & that is 4 minutes too long.

bellky, Apr 7, 9:23am
Just have patience everyone.

v8_mopar, Apr 7, 9:47am
About 3 weeks back i had this with a guy and his trailer with 80 odd cars stuck behind him on a had to pass road. So many times he could of pulled over but no he had to hold up all the traffic.

Maybe he didnt know we all were there or maybe he was in a slow rush or maybe he was a female slit I dont know but it only pissed off 80 car loads of people so maybe in his sad self righteous life its all ok

tonyrockyhorror, Apr 7, 9:56am
Much better for the fools like the one that got the ION in the link to have consideration.

lookoutas, Apr 7, 10:03am
Had the same going to & from the Beach Hop last week. Have to expect it, but 40 to 45 max by some twit in a late model Jappa was just ridiculous. It all started at Waihi with a Surf towing a trailer at about 60kph, and when that plonker finally discovered a mirror and pulled over, the Jappa being closed in on up front was going even slower, and held the lead all the way to Whanga.

And yes - people were taking risks, and you can guess what kind of cars they were.
Why don't these plonkers stay home on this weekend!
They even park in the main street!

v8_mopar, Apr 7, 10:42pm
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thats the thing, people start to take risks

lk104, Apr 7, 10:44pm
Just pull over you inconsiderate twats!

bellky, Apr 7, 10:46pm
No. I will hog the road.

lk104, Apr 7, 10:48pm
What a knobend, were you abused as a child, is that why you have such a total disregard for everyone else!

bellky, Apr 7, 10:50pm
I was dropped on my head so now I make everyone else pay.

v8_mopar, Apr 7, 10:54pm
You do have to wonder how some are so oblivious to other road users. It does take all types but i think most just cant see anything other than 10 feet in front of their bonnets

richynuts, Apr 7, 10:54pm
How friggin hard is it for drivers to check speedometer and check the rear vision mirror, you should be checking rear view mirror every few seconds. its in your road code. No excuse for slow drivers when your car is capable of 100km/hr.

yeahm8, Apr 7, 11:20pm
It's called ignorance, they have no consideration for other road users.

mugenb20b, Apr 7, 11:34pm
This ^^^^^ coming from a V8 Ford and Mazda RX2 owner! So, you've got high performance cars to be patient on the road!

bellky, Apr 7, 11:37pm
I'm also nearly 40.

mugenb20b, Apr 7, 11:43pm
Ah, in that case, you should get a Daihatsu Sirion or Honda Jazz.

gunhand, Apr 8, 12:00am
So the opposite of that would be. If you have a performance car your impatient on the road then!
It seems theres very little we can do about people who hold us up on our journeys so why stress and as said above, have a little patients. Ive been held up, well not held up as such, but got behind slow drivers for ages. I always got where im going oddly enough. If im on a dedline the best thing is to leave a bit earlier to allow for such hold ups.
Its not the end of anyones world if your held up for a few minutes I wouldnt think.
BUT. I do believe slowsters should be hit hard as well for making no attempt to pull over when they can. That includes caravans, trucks, mobile homes and other things that manage to have streams of traffic behind them.
But rarely is there a cop handy when it happens.
The way some complain they must have every minute of every day planned out LOL and no allowance for hold ups. You must get in a right tizz when your at the doctors or hospital and wait 40mins (or more) past your appointment time.

magicmat, Apr 8, 12:00am
Good job! Its amazing how many people drive in a completely inconsiderate manner and are obviously completely oblivious to the frustration they cause. I thought you are supposed to be aware of your surroundings at all times when driving! Not noticing 50 cars behind you is not only ignorant (like her comment that she wasn't in a hurry - so screw everyone else), its actually pretty damn scary these people are allowed on the roads.
I had the same thing yesterday, though thankfully for a rather small trip, being stuck behind a stupid cow on a moped. She rode in the middle of the road and would not pull over in the roads between the base and Chartwell/Flagstaff Hamilton. Once I got to a roundabout I tried to go around her but no, she insisted on staying right in the middle. To be honest I just felt like bowling her.

mugenb20b, Apr 8, 12:11am
Oh yes. But, I get to return the favour when a doctor comes in for a WoF check while you wait. "Hi, I'm here for a 10am WoF check, I'll wait for it, is that OK!" Yeah, not a problem, I'll be with you shortly (1 hour later.).

mugenb20b, Apr 8, 12:16am
If I drive a powerful car like a Honda Accord V6 then yes, I only have so much patience. But, if I drive a gutless pig, like a Nissan Avenir diesel for example (or a supercharged V6 Calais), then I simply wind down the window and chill, as I know I won't have a shit show of passing anyone.

gunhand, Apr 8, 12:17am
Yea doctors piss me off a bit as sometimes its work time your loosin. Someone should invioce them for the time lost past the appointment. But again bugger all you can do about apart from hope they car mags in the waiting room, mine does, mordern ones too.