Bashed in door. Does Insurance cover.

trogedon, Apr 4, 8:33am
.my advertising signage on the door when its repaired! A woman backed into the driver's door of our car today. Its beyond getting a paintless dent removal guy to fix it. Some of the paintwork and my decals are damaged. Her car is fully insured and she came and told my wife what she'd done and apologised.

ema1, Apr 4, 9:18am
That's a bugger troggie,I'd say yes it would do as the decal signage was part of the vehicle damaged in the smash, by rights all should be put back as it was before prang!
Just make sure it is, or should I say your insurance co should see to it that it is.
The whole repair thing is decided between the two insurers, yours claiming against hers, seeing she has admitted liability!
Just make sure you are happy with the result before accepting it is all.
Decals are not a biggie as they can be computer reproduced quite easily by a competent sign writer firm.

gunhand, Apr 4, 9:26am
As said, yes. The car has to be returned to its current conditon before the accident so all graphics are included.My theroy on this though is if a car was all wobbly and scratched before a side swipe do ya have to worry about making it to good lol.Buuuut ya do.

grangies, Apr 4, 9:27am
It should definitely be covered.

If it is just standard vinyl adhesive, then it is no different then having a vinyl pinstripe applied. So it is part of your vehicle.

outbidyou2, Apr 4, 9:39am
No you should pay for it, its your sign after all

a18a, Apr 4, 1:52pm
Indeed. When I damage other peoples things, I expect them to pay for it, since it's their item after all.

carmedic, Apr 4, 8:44pm
Its his car also, so he pay for that too!

poppajn, Apr 4, 8:55pm
outbid, your going to be outvoted on this.

trogedon, Apr 4, 9:00pm
Thanks guys. I asked the guy who did the decals and he's still got them on file. I've got her details (she's with State like us). What do we do next!

budgel, Apr 4, 11:42pm
Make a claim.

jenny188, Apr 5, 1:33am
Grey area and your signage might not be covered unless its stated as not a factory standard paint job on your insurance. You might have a $10,00 dollar vehicle with $4000 worth of signage on it. Unless its noted and insured for the $14000 value, it can be returned to you with just standard paint on the effected area. A twist on having to notify them if it has had a modified or non standard repaint. Thats insurance Co's for you and why lawyers are poor. Hope you get the problem resolved.Is vehicle insured as private or have you got commercial insurance cover on it!

gabbysnana, Apr 5, 5:42am
she hit him not the other way round so your logic does not apply.

trogedon, Apr 5, 6:03am
Ahh, but maybe it does.

marcos1, Apr 5, 6:10am
Incorrect.

ema1, Apr 5, 10:34am
Supply your insurer with the details of the accident and cause etc and details of who was at fault plus their vehicle details, fill out claim forms etc which will most likely require you to draw a sketch of the accident scene to the best of your knowledge and they will handle it all from there.
You will receive directions from your insurance company as to the repairer nominated etc
Good you found the decals were still on file troggie.simple to reproduce mate .good luck. Try and get a NEW door for your vehicle, depending on how severe the prang was will determine this though!
Hope it wasn't your MGB GT troggie!

lookoutas, Apr 5, 9:54pm
Are you referring to the 'poor lawyers' part!

clark20, Apr 5, 10:00pm
I think that the "other" insurance should pay for it (you are both State, good luck). The interesting question could be if it was your fault, and you had "normal use" insurance, wouldn't having decals for your company mean it should have "work" cover! (don't know the real name for it).

gunhand, Apr 5, 10:09pm
So your saying that if your car has a "non standard/factory" paint job then unless you tell the insurance company you wont be covered!
So poor old Joe Blow comes in with his car that was Blue from the factory but decides he wants it Yellow so spends thousands having it resprayed. someone hits him and it goes to the panelshop. Now us painters are clever buggers and know when a cars been painted a different colour so using your logic we paint it the factory Blue, and of course the assessor told us to as well. So Joe Blow gets is car back and finds its now Yellow with 2 Blue doors.But hey what can ya do he wasnt covered you know.

trogedon, Apr 5, 10:32pm
Thanks for this. No, only the Libero, none of the GTs (which haven't turned a wheel for years). I'll ring State next week and get the ball rolling.
So true Gunhand.

jenny188, Apr 7, 10:44pm
gunhand wrote:
So your saying that if your car has a "non standard/factory" paint job then unless you tell the insurance company you wont be covered!
So poor old Joe Blow comes in with his car that was Blue from the factory but decides he wants it Yellow so spends thousands having it resprayed. someone hits him and it goes to the panelshop. Now us painters are clever buggers and know when a cars been painted a different colour so using your logic we paint it the factory Blue, and of course the assessor told us to as well. So Joe Blow gets is car back and finds its now Yellow with 2 Blue doors.But hey what can ya do he wasnt covered you know.[/quote

Your so right. No-one ever has trouble with their insurance companys. Assessor are known for their generosity. As its State V State there will be no problem at all.

andrew1954, Apr 8, 1:14am
I would have thought if the lady had "full insurance", this would include property damage.the signage could fall under this, similar if she had hit your car then continued to wipe out your or someone elses front gate !

trogedon, Apr 8, 1:54am
By the sound of her she's capable of that. She told my wife that ours was the fourth car she'd hit. She morbidly obese (not my wife, other woman)and we wonder if that restricts her when she's backing her car.

ema1, Apr 8, 7:27am
Adds to the kinetic energy troggie.