Nissan Skyline 250gt, 2004 and up

tee117, Apr 9, 6:00am
Have wanted one for a long time, now have the money, was wandering what Skyline owners think of them, are they a worth while buy!

vtecintegra, Apr 9, 6:12am
I have a 2002 300GT (same shape) and am very happy with it.

Some things to note:
They have a direct injection version of the Nissan V6 so can suffer from carbon buildup. They also need high octane fuel to run right
If it has the Bose in dash six disc CD stacker it'll either be dead already or on the verge of dying
Rear seats do not fold down at all
Air conditioning/heater controls are apparently failure prone and can be expensive to fix so make sure that all works properly
No cruise control - not a big deal but a strange omission on this type of car

I'd consider going up to a 300GT model, real world fuel economy should be similar and you get more power and torque

vtecintegra, Apr 9, 6:12am
I have a 2002 300GT (same shape) and am very happy with it.

Some things to note:
They have a direct injection version of the Nissan V6 so can suffer from carbon buildup. They also need high octane fuel to run right
If it has the Bose in dash six disc CD stacker it'll either be dead already or on the verge of dying
Rear seats do not fold down at all
Air conditioning/heater controls are apparently failure prone and can be expensive to fix so make sure that all works properly
No cruise control - not a big deal but a strange omission on this type of car

I'd consider going up to a 300GT model, real world fuel economy should be similar and you get more power and torque

Edit: Initially the 250GT was a four speed auto, the 300GT had a five speed. I think they put the five speed into the 250GT at some point too, but it'd be worth checking which transmission each car you look at has. There was a 350GT model with a CVT too, you probably want to avoid those.

tee117, Apr 9, 6:15am
Would you know what sort of mileage I could get out of this vehicle!

vtecintegra, Apr 9, 6:17am
Fuel consumption you mean!

Depends on usage - they're definitely thirsty around town but fairly good on the open road. For my own usage its somewhere around 12l/100km mostly around Wellington hillier suburbs and slightly under 8l/100km on the open road.

tee117, Apr 9, 6:21am
LOL us chicks know jack about cars well me anyway, I mean km! If that makes sense, Like my jeep has done 190000kms over8years

vtecintegra, Apr 9, 6:24am
Like any car depends on how well its been maintained.